X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corsacrazy
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Arkham
    I'm sorry, but they're worse. The font is too big and cartoony, making the the buttons look more like Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon cards. And why are the scissors trying to cut a waffle on the EDIT button? I think you're running into the same problem that people are criticizing Kier's over, there's too much detail being crammed into the buttons. The mailbox is a good, clear icon, but the others lack impact.
    font matches my site !! thats y didnt say i made em for vb . just my site man

Comment

• Arkham
      • Mar 2001
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by corsacrazy
      font matches my site !! thats y didnt say i made em for vb . just my site man
      Ah, gotcha. My mistake. Consistency's important, so, good job adapting them.

Comment

• Tungsten
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Eh, I couldn't stand the Who's Online, Stats and Birthday icons on the forum home page so I made up some new ones that blend better with the other icons on the forum home page.

Feel free to use them however you see fit.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Tungsten; Tue 23 Mar '04, 11:11am.

Comment

• corsacrazy
          • Jun 2002
          • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Tungsten
          Eh, I couldn't stand the Who's Online, Stats and Birthday icons on the forum home page so I made up some new ones that blend better with the other icons on the forum home page.

bloody awsome mate nice one - ill be using these
          Last edited by corsacrazy; Tue 23 Mar '04, 11:14am.

Comment

• Tungsten
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Okay, I made a few very minor changes to the forum status icons so that it was more obvious which forums had recent posts and which didnt. Again, feel free to use however you see fit.

Basically I changed the upper note to yellow paper so that it catches the eye more, and on the forum_old icons I removed the papers all together.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Tungsten
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Originally posted by corsacrazy
              bloody awsome mate nice one

you missed calendar one
              Ah, so I did. I uploaded it too - thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• StoneHalo
                • Nov 2003

Okay, I made a few very minor changes to the forum status icons so that it was more obvious which forums had recent posts and which didnt. Again, feel free to use however you see fit.

Basically I changed the upper note to yellow paper so that it catches the eye more, and on the forum_old icons I removed the papers all together.
                Nice one, thanks for sharing

Comment

• Smirks
                  • Sep 2002
                  • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Are these dark background friendly, by chance?
                  PJnet BBS .:. RU Forums

Comment

• Seanie
                    • Jun 2003

Tungsten those are the best icons Iv seen, since gold was unleashed

Comment

• Oblivion Knight
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 3.8.x

Some awesome contributions in this thread..
                      I hope to see some replacement gold image packs around soon.

Comment

• Tungsten
                        • Jan 2002
                        • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Originally posted by Smirks
                        Are these dark background friendly, by chance?
                        Nah, they still have an aliasing problem around the edges. I am running a similar color scheme to the default (minor changes) on my forums and the corona around the icons is barely noticeable.

I am going to sit down and work on some complete replacement icons tomorrow when things get slow around the office.

Comment

• influence
                          • Mar 2002

i would love to use those tungsten. just wish the background colors were transparent not white

Comment

• Grover
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Stunning!

Congratulations Tungsten!

Totally agree with you concerning those 3 default VB3 images....

But your's look stunning! This is more or less how I imagined the VB Gold graphics would have come out with the final release. I like the fact that Kier used the VB2 concept of putting the VB logo in the forumstatus-images, this time re-created in a more '3d-look'. Those VB3 default forum-status icons where the only images I liked in the new VB3 style. Although... at first glance they seemed a little 'too BIG', but that was my only remark. (about those particulair images that is....) I am interested to see how adding your images to my site will make my forum look.

It seems to me that your offer makes it all more 'consistent'. I will be trying yours on my site immediately.
                            Any chance that you'll have a go at the 'new thread', 'post reply' etc buttons?

Thanks for doing this!

Both the contributions of you and DirectPixel are great. Keep up this good work!
                            Last edited by Grover; Wed 24 Mar '04, 12:49am.
                            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Grover
                              • May 2001
                              • 3.8.x

The New Buttons by Tungsten

Hi,

I've just installed them on my VB3 board and really.... they look AWESOME! I even put out a status-update on my forums. Below you see a copy of my posting (it's in Dutch.... ) . As you will notice, the original VB3 Gold Calender, Birthday, Statistics and Who's Online buttons aren't really THAT bad when you see them 'on their own'. Just my opinion ofcourse, but putting them here outside of the forum gives you another impression of them and they look just fine. BUT.... when you actually put them on your forum, they do not work very well. They just do not FIT the overall VB3 style. The revamped buttons by Tungsten DO fit. They do fit extremely well! I am so happy to be able to using his buttons on my forums! Thank you so much, again!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Last edited by Grover; Thu 26 Aug '04, 7:23am.

Comment

• Grover
                                • May 2001
                                • 3.8.x

Screenshot.

To make things complete.... here's a screenshot:

Not to bad huh? (in fact: they look fantastic!.. but I alreay said that a few times I believe... )
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Grover; Wed 24 Mar '04, 2:29am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...