WHY is jelsof sharing user license database with other sites without our permission?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vB3Dev.Com

You are missin the point. I did NOT buy any products from them. Therefore they have no right to spy on me and Jelsfot has no right to allow them to.

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
      You are missin the point. I did NOT buy any products from them. Therefore they have no right to spy on me and Jelsfot has no right to allow them to.
      Please tell me how exactly these sites are "spying" on you. I think I have clarified everything that requires clarification, I am running out of things to explain here...
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

Well gee, that is very complicated. Their software is configured to check and see if I am a licensed vB user before I can download any FREE stuff from their sites which they did NOT make and is made by other people for ALL to share. Duh!

So their software has access to MY vB account.

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

But I am setting up a site which will make both those sites abolete, just because of this crap!

Comment

• Chen
            • Jun 2001

Well gee, that is very complicated. Their software is configured to check and see if I am a licensed vB user before I can download any FREE stuff from their sites which they did NOT make and is made by other people for ALL to share. Duh!

So their software has access to MY vB account.
            That is not true. First and foremost, whether or not they require you to be a valid vBulletin customer to download goods from the websites is their decision and not yours - if you don't like it, you can use another resource. Things that are put up for download are indeed free, and you are not charged to download them - so they are still free. The downloads are simply restricted to vBulletin customers so that pirates of our software cannot get them. It's that simple.

Now, the sites do not have access to your customer or license informations. The only things they know about you is your email address, which you already provide when you register, and whether or not you are licensed. You also don't have to provide them with that information - simply don't register, or use a different email address. You have control over everything that happens in this situation - if you want to be marked as licensed on the website, use the right email address, if you don't - use a different one. If you don't want that website to know anything about you, simply don't register and nothing will happen.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

• Bane
              • Jul 2000

I fail to see the point, if you dont want your information shared, dont register. You are authorizing that site to check your information when you register with them, pretty neat eh?

Comment

• Chen
                • Jun 2001

But I am setting up a site which will make both those sites abolete, just because of this crap!
                I truly wish you and your new website good luck! We are always glad to hear about more and more vBulletin-oriented sites that will benefit our customers.
                Chen Avinadav

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...