Is this a good deal for a laptop/notebook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Is this a good deal for a laptop/notebook?

Yeah my title says it all....

Was looking through ebay and found this:

Good deal or not?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment
  • Mainer82
    • Apr 2003
    • 1.1.x

That's a very good deal for the price so far. I don't see the brand on it though, but the specs all look good.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

The Brand is Asus...cause their interactive demo leads to http://usa.asus.com/products/noteboo...3Dnotebook.htm

Asus is a big laptop maker in Asia...and huge manufacturer of Motherboards in the US
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

I would strongly suggest that you do not buy a laptop from a seller on eBay with a 0 rating! Laptops are one of the biggest fraud items on eBay. Be very careful who you buy from and make sure you research them before your purchase.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Yeah that's true Freddie...but the guy says:

Check out my previous eBay Feedback.
          Micro-Top is my companies's ebay account and they want it seperate from my account. [Don't know why]])

Feel free to contact me through my old ebay account to confirm!
          Its on the bottom...and that account has 17 positive feedbacks

Comment

• SaintDog
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.5.x

The price is rising, if it goes too much higher, go for a new laptop -- you would probably have less issues, would not have to deal with possibly fraud, and would have a guaranteed warranty.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

How high is High, Jon?

Comment

• bigmattyh
                • Apr 2001

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                Yeah my title says it all....

Was looking through ebay and found this:

Good deal or not?
                NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER buy something this expensive from someone with 0 feedback. YOU WILL GET BURNED.

This stuff happens all the time -- people sell phantom laptops (it's always laptops for some reason) and they end up stealing your money. This guy might be for real, but the fact of the matter is that you're putting a lot of money on the line on that gamble. eBay won't protect you if you're a victim of fraud (forget about that SafeHarbor thing -- it's a joke; they only cover up to $1000 per seller, so if he screws more than a few people over, you maybe get a hundred bucks back, or less).
                If it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is. If you really really really want to bid, though, at least read this first -- it's about a guy who sold over a million dollars of phantom laptops and 90% of his feedback was bogus. Don't expose yourself to this risk.
                iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                  NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER buy something this expensive from someone with 0 feedback. YOU WILL GET BURNED.

This stuff happens all the time -- people sell phantom laptops (it's always laptops for some reason) and they end up stealing your money. This guy might be for real, but the fact of the matter is that you're putting a lot of money on the line on that gamble. eBay won't protect you if you're a victim of fraud (forget about that SafeHarbor thing -- it's a joke; they only cover up to $1000 per seller, so if he screws more than a few people over, you maybe get a hundred bucks back, or less).
                  If it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is. If you really really really want to bid, though, at least read this first -- it's about a guy who sold over a million dollars of phantom laptops and 90% of his feedback was bogus. Don't expose yourself to this risk.
                  Even if this is there?

Yeah my title says it all.... Was looking through ebay and found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3422693495 Good deal or not?

Comment

• MUG
                    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    Yes. Also if you noticed, this is the first time he has sold something.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Yeah good point MUG..but people has got to start off somewhere...and he is a good buyer...so shouldn't the same go for being a seller?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

I don't think it is a good deal...

Here is a brand-new 1.9 GHZ P-IV laptop for about $1199.00. Most of the rest of the specs are pretty much the same.

Personally, Centrino is not worth $250.00 to me. I can buy a PCMCIA Wireless adapter for between $50.00 and $80.00 and spend the rest on an extra battery or two. Heck, you live in Southern California. I betcha there is store nearby. I know of stores in Palmdale (near me), Santa Clarita, Burbank, City of Industry, Anaheim and Lake Forest. I am sure they have more and one is probably close to you. They have great service and you can order online and pick it up in the store and save a bunch on shipping. Plus you get a warranty from someone you won't have to try and track down on the Internet.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 9 Jul '03, 5:00pm.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Heck you can get the 2.4 Ghz model for less than what is for sell on that site...

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                            Former vBulletin Developer
                            • May 2000
                            • 1.1.x

Yes, but personally I would avoid Enpower notebooks.

Comment

• someuser190826
                              • Oct 2002
                              • 4.0.x

I just got a Apple PowerMac G4 400 mhz 128sdram for 400$ CDN :-D

Also this is my attitude against buying stuff on ebay. If its a short-term good deal thing then go for it, if its a long-term expensive thing then forget it. For ex: I bought 2 mice off ebay. Great deals, I wouldn't buy a Labtop or video camera from ebay though. I want it from sources that I have immediate access to, and who I know i can trust.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...