X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougasia
    • Jul 2003

Pre-sales

Few questions........

1. If I buy vBulletin today am I buying version 3.0.0?

2. My host tells me they have mysql 3.22.32-log installed but Recommended Requirements are mysql 3.23.33. Can I still install vBulletin 3.0.0? If so, will there be any problem?

3. For licensing, can I just confirm that I can install on one server but can have any number of forum topics?

4. Appreciate that this is difficult to answer but lets say, for example, that you have 500 simple test posts per day. Roughly, what does equate to in storage terms of kb's?

5. If I pay for installation how long does it typically take to install. I mean from the time I pay for the license and install fee.

Thank you.

Doug
  • insanctus
    • May 2003
    • 3.6.x

You can always ask your host to upgrade their mysql.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by dougasia
      Few questions........

1. If I buy vBulletin today am I buying version 3.0.0?
      No... vBulletin 3.0 is in beta still. What you are buying is vBulletin 2.3.0. However as a licensed customer you get access to vBulletin 3.0 for your own testing purposes.

2. My host tells me they have mysql 3.22.32-log installed but Recommended Requirements are mysql 3.23.33. Can I still install vBulletin 3.0.0? If so, will there be any problem?
      Personally, I don't see this has a problem. However your version of MySQL is actually a little older and there have been numerous bug fixes since then as well as a major release of the software. Running the script in the following thread can determine if your server is capable of running vBulletin.

3. For licensing, can I just confirm that I can install on one server but can have any number of forum topics?
      Correct as long as their is one installation which consists of one copies of the files and one set of database tables.

4. Appreciate that this is difficult to answer but lets say, for example, that you have 500 simple test posts per day. Roughly, what does equate to in storage terms of kb's?
      If your average post is about 300 characters (a short page of text) then it would be approximately 150 KB of storage for the posts. There will be additional storage space for the thread, user information, search index and so forth so it will probably be closer to 300 KB of storage space for 500 posts.

5. If I pay for installation how long does it typically take to install. I mean from the time I pay for the license and install fee.
      Installs usually take no longer than 48 hours. The only take longer if the customer gives us bad information. Usually they are a lot shorter than that.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dougasia
        • Jul 2003

Thanks Wayne!

I'm unable to access the script "database_conflicts.php". Can you mail it to me please or post an alternate link?

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

That script is to check vB2 databases for potential conficts. It wouldn't do you any good unless you already have vB2 running.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Opps.. wrong link.. sorry. I need to make my links more distinguishable.

The proper script is attached to this post if you still cant download it, then I will email it to you.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...