Instant email notification - admin notification - mail issue?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firentire
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Instant email notification - admin notification - mail issue?

Hi guys,

I have an issue with "instant email notification" - not sending email to users when somebody post in the same thread. I check and enabled plugin in admincp, but still the same result.

It could be a mail problem (but how?), because i use to receive an email every time when i get a new member or somebody opened a new thread - all of them are not working anymore either.

Registration area is working fine - sending and receiving emails without any problem.

My forum is running 4.20 version.

Somebody have an idea?

Thanks,
    George
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

What "plugin" did you enable? There shouldn't be a plugin for this as its a default feature.

You can try disabling hooks and see if the emails start working again-

To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

Just below
    Code:
    <?php
    enter
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    and save the file.

If you would like to enable the plugin/hook system again, either remove the line again or simply comment that line out. To do so, add two forward slashes " / " so it will look like

Code:
    // define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Next time you would like to disable the plugin/hook system again
    you simply have to remove the " // ".

OR

Assuming you go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email doesn't return any errors, check and see if your server has been flagged as a spammer-

If you're server's IP address is listed as a spammer it is likely mail severs are just dropping emails before they get delivered.

Comment

• Flight_Teacher
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

I just wanted to report that I am having the exact same problem. I did check the blacklist and my IP is listed on a couple of them and I'm working on getting it removed but find it interesting that someone else is having a similar issue. I'd like to ask firentire if he had any luck with getting the notifications restored.

Paul

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...