• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtommy79
    • Jul 2007
    • 4.0.x

Upgrading to vb4 (forum only)

Hi,

If I understand right, with active licence it is free to upgrade my forum to vb 4.0. What happens if my licence expires right after 4.0 is released? If I want to access 4.0.1-..... upgrades do I have to pay $195?

Thanks for the answer
    If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
    *Learn Hungarian*
  • Hurricane_GS
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.7.x

I too would like an OFFICIAL answer to this. (No offense to those non-employees that are fantastic contributors here, but I want an official answer to this.)
    Glenn H. Shelton III

Comment

• cosan
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.6.x

Yes , Right.
      Last edited by cosan; Wed 14 Oct '09, 10:34pm.

Comment

• Bkaradza
        • May 2008
        • 3.7.x

They wanna make us all to buy suite and then you can't downgrade to only forum so you will need to stick to suite in future no matter you need it or no and then upgrading to 5.0, 6.0 and more will be more expensive....

I wanna only forum so make stupid discount for only forum and I will pay I don't need bloody suite..

Comment

• Blackbook
          • May 2009

Originally posted by dtommy79
          Hi,

If I understand right, with active licence it is free to upgrade my forum to vb 4.0. What happens if my licence expires right after 4.0 is released? If I want to access 4.0.1-..... upgrades do I have to pay $195?

Thanks for the answer
          I made a post about this too, I only want the forum. I dont care about the CMS, addons or any of that guff. I just dont want to have to pay full price for the forum again, to get the latest security features with v4.
          It's an omen...

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

The license currently states that you will continue to recieve updates to your software untill it expires under the old terms. To continue getting access to new versions of the software you'd need to renew. The suite's presale price is heavily discounted.

Comment

• cosan
              • Apr 2007
              • 3.6.x

My Suggest

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months. Licences must upgrade $85
              to vbulletin 4.0 or free upgrade 3.8.4

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago. Licences must upgrade free
              to version 3.8.4.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months. : $ 190 suite
              For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago. : $ 215 suite

i am happy to help you.
              Last edited by cosan; Thu 15 Oct '09, 12:38am.

Comment

• go2
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

So my forum license is expired in April 09 now to renew it i have to pay 190$???

Comment

• speedway
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by cosan
                  For licenses that expired in the last 12 months. Licences must upgrade $85
                  to vbulletin 4.0 or free upgrade 3.8.4
                  Can you point me to the official announcement outlining this part?
                  vBulletin Owner since 2002!

Comment

• Breaker
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by speedway
                    Can you point me to the official announcement outlining this part?
                    I too would like to know, that isn't that bad of a price
                    Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

• cosan
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 3.6.x

it is my suggest

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bkaradza
                        They wanna make us all to buy suite and then you can't downgrade to only forum so you will need to stick to suite in future no matter you need it or no and then upgrading to 5.0, 6.0 and more will be more expensive....
                        What nonsense is this rubbish. Honestly people... read the news and announcements, read the existing threads on all this and get your facts right before people continue running off half cocked with misinformation and conspiracy theories.

What happens if my licence expires right after 4.0 is released? If I want to access 4.0.1-..... upgrades do I have to pay $195?
                        Correct... you will. You will be able to continue using the 4.0 version, but you would have to pay to download 4.0.1 and future 4.x series. When 5.x is released, you would upgrade again for that series if you wanted it, otherwise you would not upgrade and continue using the 4.x series.

Originally posted by go2
                        So my forum license is expired in April 09 now to renew it i have to pay 190$???
                        See above... and also take into account the the forum only upgrade pricing was stated by Wayne to possibly be released in the coming days for those with expired licenses. They are still obviously making changes to the system and have not got everything up. Sure... poor in that regard, but we got an answer to it. I have not seen an official answer though to what the actual price will be for forum upgrade only, if any at this stage beyond what is already available (new license).

Comment

• speedway
                          • Nov 2001
                          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by cosan
                          it is my suggest
                          Right... how about you clarify that in your original post
                          vBulletin Owner since 2002!

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Hi,

Thanks for the answer
                            As a current owned license holder, I get access to Forum 4.0. Once my license expires, can I continue to run the software?

Yes. However, you have to purchase a Forum 4.0 upgrade license in order to have access to any further maintenance, security or minor point releases on the 4 series.

As a current owned license holder, I get access to Forum 4.0. Once my current license expires, can I continue to get upgrades on the 4 series?

No. You will have to purchase an upgrade license in order to have access to any further maintenance, security or minor point releases on the 4 series.

As a current leased license holder, I get access to Forum 4.0. Once my leased license expires, can I continue to run the software?

No. Your leased license terms do not allow you to continue to run the software beyond your contract. You must either remove all instances of the software or purchase an upgrade license for Forum 4.0 or Suite.

Comment

• cosan
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 3.6.x

my english is not good. sorry that problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...