Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LilPimpnRapper
    • Aug 2003

Removing powered by vbulletin on the title

Hey, i saw this on vb setups site but no 1 has been responding. I heard by removing the powered by vbulletin in the title, it will give you much better SEO and it is allowed by vbulletin too.. I wanted to know if you think the way i have it is bad, because i heard if you put to many keyword google will do something... I have Orlandos Forum- Orlando Magic Fan forum right now instead of Orlandos Forum- Powered by vbulletin

Do you think google will penalize me for doing that or is it ok?
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

You can only remove that by paying money for the Branding Free I think. . Or does Branding Free only affect the footer stuff?
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• simple-city
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Hi there,

I paid to have the branding removed., I think its everything.

check out http://simple-city.co.uk for more details

Comment

• Caddyman
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.6.x

you ARE allowed to take the powered by vbulletin out of the title tag, just the footer copyright needs to stay if you don't have branding free.
        PA Forums
        Philly Sports
        Delaware Online

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

Caddyman is correct. The 'powered by vBulletin' in the title has nothing whatsoever to do with the copyright, which is at the bottom of the forum.

Here's how to you remove it the phrase in the title -

Go to your ADMINCP > Language & Phrases > Search in Phrases

In your Phrases Search for: x_powered_by_vbulletin (be sure to choose to search by Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name)

When found, click on Edit to edit the phrase. Simply change it from {1} - Powered by vBulletin to {1}

So your just deleting - Powered by vBulletin
          Peggy
          ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• LilPimpnRapper
            • Aug 2003

I know it is allowed to take it off, what i am asking is do you think if i add orlando magic fan forum where powered by vbulletin use to be.. do you think that will mess me up in SEO, like do you think google might get mad for keyword stuffing in the title??

At my forums, the title is: Orlandos Forum- Orlando Magic Fan Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...