Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueEew
    • Jul 2007

Yearly Cost

Hello. I have a leased lisense. I am going to pay another $85 brfore the 60 days are up. That would turn it into a owned lisense as you know. Anyways in the future if I was to buy more owned lisenses.

Would I have to pay the $30/year for the updates etc? For every lisense I have? Maybe I have to pay $30 for all lisenses?

Thanks,
    BlueEew.
  • King Kovifor
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.7.x

$30 per year, per license (AFAIK).

Comment

• Hossie
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.6.x

You don't need to pay it if you don't need the updates. Yes, it's per license.

Comment

• Isaacheng
        • Mar 2008

Let's assume that you bought the license in 2008.

Then no update fees are paid for 2009, 2010, 2011.

In 2012 you wish to do the update to the latest release at that time.

Question: Are license fees back-dated and payable for 2009, 2010, 2011 AND 2012, a total of $30x4years = $120 before upgrading to the 2012 release?

Thanks

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Isaacheng
          Let's assume that you bought the license in 2008.

Then no update fees are paid for 2009, 2010, 2011.

In 2012 you wish to do the update to the latest release at that time.

Question: Are license fees back-dated and payable for 2009, 2010, 2011 AND 2012, a total of $30x4years = $120 before upgrading to the 2012 release?

Thanks
          They are not backdated.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Within 60 days of your leased license purchase you can upgrade at a 45% discount to the owned license for $85.

You can purchase multiple owned licenses in the future, individually or at the same time. As soon as the same type of license hits the number 3 you can enjoy a discount on the purchase.

Example 1:
            You buy 3 x owned license at the same time. You get a discount on all 3 licenses

Example 2:
            You have already purchased 1x owned license, and now buy 2x owned licenses extra, you get a discount on those 2 new owned licenses.

Example 3:
            You have already purchased 1x owned license. You buy another 1x owned license. You pay another $160 for this one. Then, later, you buy another (the third) 1x owned license. You get a discount on the purchase of this third license.

Each license allows you to run one instance of vBulletin. Each instance running must be run by the set of files you purchase for that instance.

If a license expires you don't have to renew it. With an owned license this is an optional renewal option for you to pick. For $30 you get 12 more months (from purchase date). So, if you buy a license now, it will 'expire' in 12 months. But in 2012 you renew the license on April 3rd. Then you get 12 months on that date, and get the versions available at that point and any new ones released within those 12 months. And the expiry date is set to April 4th, 2013.

Note that you can't renew 1 license and use that .zip file on your other licenses. We consider this bypassing the renewal on those licenses, and that breaks the license agreement. But I think that speaks for itself.

So no, if you buy now and renew in 2012, you don't have to pay 2009-2012... it's $30 for current date + 12 months. (unless expiry date hasn't been reached yet, then it will be added on top of the expiry date).

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and we're looking forward having you as a customer.

Comment

• Whiteyboy5
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Floris
              Within 60 days of your leased license purchase you can upgrade at a 45% discount to the owned license for $85.

You can purchase multiple owned licenses in the future, individually or at the same time. As soon as the same type of license hits the number 3 you can enjoy a discount on the purchase.

Example 1:
              You buy 3 x owned license at the same time. You get a discount on all 3 licenses

Example 2:
              You have already purchased 1x owned license, and now buy 2x owned licenses extra, you get a discount on those 2 new owned licenses.

Example 3:
              You have already purchased 1x owned license. You buy another 1x owned license. You pay another $160 for this one. Then, later, you buy another (the third) 1x owned license. You get a discount on the purchase of this third license.

Each license allows you to run one instance of vBulletin. Each instance running must be run by the set of files you purchase for that instance.

If a license expires you don't have to renew it. With an owned license this is an optional renewal option for you to pick. For $30 you get 12 more months (from purchase date). So, if you buy a license now, it will 'expire' in 12 months. But in 2012 you renew the license on April 3rd. Then you get 12 months on that date, and get the versions available at that point and any new ones released within those 12 months. And the expiry date is set to April 4th, 2013.

Note that you can't renew 1 license and use that .zip file on your other licenses. We consider this bypassing the renewal on those licenses, and that breaks the license agreement. But I think that speaks for itself.

So no, if you buy now and renew in 2012, you don't have to pay 2009-2012... it's $30 for current date + 12 months. (unless expiry date hasn't been reached yet, then it will be added on top of the expiry date).

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and we're looking forward having you as a customer.
              Just to clear this up as an existing customer, you couldn't buy updates for one licence, and then use those updates files on another licenced site of yours (If its updates arent paid for)?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Correct.

Comment

• Whiteyboy5
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                  Correct.
                  That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

It is indeed so yeah. Because if you use the licensed files from license A on B, then your call home shows you're running multiple instances, which breaks the EULA for that license number

Comment

• BlueEew
                      • Jul 2007

So it is basically $30 USD per owned lisense per year for updates? Just to make it simple.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

it is $30.00 a license, for a year's worth of updates.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• erickoh
                          • May 2001

Originally posted by Floris
                          It is indeed so yeah. Because if you use the licensed files from license A on B, then your call home shows you're running multiple instances, which breaks the EULA for that license number
                          Hi I am running multiple vb forums with the correct no. of licenses, but I cannot remember if I used the same zip file I downloaded to update all the forums. Would the admin panel indicate if something is wrong?

Comment

• Fusion
                            • Aug 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by erickoh
                            Hi I am running multiple vb forums with the correct no. of licenses, but I cannot remember if I used the same zip file I downloaded to update all the forums. Would the admin panel indicate if something is wrong?
                            You'll notice it if/when PirateReports contacts you. If they do, simply re-check and if needed re-upload the correct files.
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by erickoh
                              The official response may differ, however I don't think it matters so as long as:

a) all licenses are valid
                              b) if you renew your download access for the latest vBulletin, all licenses have them
                              c) your URLs are appropiately registered in the members area.

But please feel free to open a support ticket or wait for an official response

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...