X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbonyata
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

Imported db, smilies issue

I imported from another forum (smf), and I'm having a halfway common smilie problem that many people have (and use cleaner.php to resolve). However, there's a twist to the usual story.

Smilies are available next to their text box only if they are a new user created after the import. Imported users do not have access to those smilies on the right of the textbox (but they can manually type them in and view them from others).

Any ideas what's up with the "smilies" box?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Make sure all the WYSIWYG editors are enabled here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Then they can select the enhanced editor in their User CP here:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface

Also see this thread for instructions on setting this and other default vB options for new and existing users:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gbonyata
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.6.x

The problem definitely seems to be along this line.

For some reason imported users are not using the enhanced editor and need to change it in their user cp.

However, this is 1000's of people and I'd prefer they not have to all run this update. Is there any reason the default behavior was changed? Or, more specifically, anyway to change it?

EDIt: I'll inspect the link, thanks...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Please read my response again. I showed how to set the defaults.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gbonyata
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.6.x

the defaults were fine, i ended up having to do the sql query to fix the existing user problem.

so it's fixed, thanks.

Comment

• Gladius
            • Dec 2002
            • 3.8.x

Same issue here, but the link provided does not actually list the query that needs to be run to set the interface to the non-bare-bones one. Can you please post that, Steve?
            Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I don't know what this means:

"set the interface to the non-bare-bones one"

Please start your own thread with your specific question.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Gladius
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.8.x

For some reason imported users are not using the enhanced editor and need to change it in their user cp.
                My issue is the same as the original poster's. Imported users only get the bare bones message editor interface in the (quick) reply instead of the standard or enhanced one, and need to select it from their control panel.

I need to know what query to run to update all the member's message editor interface options to either standard or enhanced message editor interface.
                Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar

or

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Show Standard Editor Toolbar
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Gladius
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 3.8.x

Oh, doh. I didn't know it had preset queries available. I've had it turned off since I thought it was just a window to execute queries directly... cool, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...