How do I change message textarea width? I dont use smiles in the right, and i got big

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riskofficer
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.7.x

How do I change message textarea width? I dont use smiles in the right, and i got big

How do I change message textarea width? I dont use smiles in the right, and i got big space.

As I understand this is it:
    HTML Code:
    <textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display:block; width:340px; height:350px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr"></textarea>
  • Lizard King
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

You can change it from style variables.

Comment

• riskofficer
      • Dec 2006
      • 3.7.x

Nope I cant, it doesnt work for Blogs.

Yes I have changed Message Area Width (pixels) long time ago for the forum, but it doesnt apply to blogs.

Comment

• Lizard King
        Banned
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.6.x

There is a new setting only for vb blog message area width

Comment

• riskofficer
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.7.x

Man, I think u dont understand the problem, which one of this entries do u think responsible for my problem:

Blog Code Block Width (pixels) This value controls the width of [code], [php] and [html] bbcode blocks in blog entries and blog comments. The value specified here is designed to work best with a fixed-width style. Alter it carefully if you must.

Blog Form Width (pixels) (This value allows you to specify a form width suitable for panels located in the blog, compensating for the screen real estate occupied by the blog sidebar.)
          I dont have any other new entries. Do u?

Comment

• riskofficer
            • Dec 2006
            • 3.7.x

Any customer support here? My "post in blog" message area looks very bad without smilies on the RIGHT. PLEASE read first message and help me!?
            Last edited by riskofficer; Sun 9 Sep '07, 11:55pm. Reason: smileis set not on the left, but on the right

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

I looked and could not find where this is set. I'll ask the other support staff to look at this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

It looks like the textarea width doesn't have its own value for the blog, but rather it uses the textarea width for the User CP.

includes/blog_init.php

At the bottom of the file:

Code:
                // overwrite the messagearea stylevar with the smaller messagearea_usercp stylevar
                $stylevar['messagewidth'] = (intval($stylevar['messagewidth_usercp']) > 340 ? '340px' : $stylevar['messagewidth_usercp']);

/*======================================================================*\
                || ####################################################################
                || # Downloaded: 19:12, Sun Sep 9th 2007
                || # SVN: $Revision: 17990 $
                || ####################################################################
                \*======================================================================*/
                ?>
                It is referring to this setting for the User CP:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu) -> User Control Panel Message Area Width

The code above sets the blog textarea width to this same value with a maximum value of 340px.

Comment

• riskofficer
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.7.x

The code above sets the blog textarea width to this same value with a maximum value of 340px.
                  How can I change value 340px to 400px for example, - so that I can use space where was smilies set in "post to my blog".

Sorry my English.

Comment

• riskofficer
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 3.7.x

oh I understand!!! I changed in ur code 340 on 440 and now I have good big message area without smilies in the right

Hey, I think u should mark this as a BUG

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3.8.x

Same issue here - but when I edit the User Control Panel Message Area Width - no difference... Suggestions please.

Thanx,

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• riskofficer
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
                        Same issue here - but when I edit the User Control Panel Message Area Width - no difference... Suggestions please.

Thanx,

Jacquii.
                        U should change 340 on 440 here too:

Code:
                        // overwrite the messagearea stylevar with the smaller messagearea_usercp stylevar
                        $stylevar['messagewidth'] = (intval($stylevar['messagewidth_usercp']) > 340 ? '340px' : $stylevar['messagewidth_usercp']);

?>

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by riskofficer
                          U should change 340 on 440 here too:

Code:

?>
                          Very nice - Thanx!

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                            Former vBulletin Developer
                            • May 2000
                            • 1.1.x

Please post this in the bug tracker and I will take a look at it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...