• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wiredinoc
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Users with 2,147,483,650 posts

Hi Support,

I have about 7 pages of users with 2,147,483,650 post counts. I searched google for vbulletin "2,147,483,650", and saw a bunch of results come back as well -- for user profiles with that number.

How can this be fixed without re-counting all of the users posts? BTW, I run photopost.

Thanks in advance.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This is a known bug in 3.6, upgrading to 3.6.5 will resolve this.

Comment

• wiredinoc
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

is there an easy fix to this that does not require an upgrade?

I don't understand the "unified diff " format mentioned in the link above. How do I get the user's numbers back to normal even if after an upgrade?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Upgrading is the easiest way to fix it.

About the diff,
        Find in postings.php
        PHP Code:
        SET posts posts $operator 
        Replace with
        PHP Code:
        SET posts CAST(posts AS SIGNED$operator 
        In inlinemod.php find x2
        PHP Code:
        SET posts posts 
        Replace with x2
        PHP Code:
        SET posts CAST(posts AS SIGNED) + 

Comment

• wiredinoc
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.5.x

Okay so one I make these mods, what query do I need to run to reset the users posts back to actual posts?

BTW, I -need- to avoid running the admincp process to globally perform a recount.
          Last edited by wiredinoc; Tue 1 May '07, 8:57pm.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Thats about it to fix post counts, theres no query.

Comment

• wiredinoc
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.5.x

Zach, apologies if I'm not being clear. I can mod the file, no problem.

BTW, there are x3 changes in inlinemod.php

I NEED TO KNOW how to re-count the users with 2,147,483,650 posts. Modifying the two files did not do this for me.

Again, how do I get the users that are affected by this to show their actual post counts? I looked in the DB, and that number is in the user table for the affected users.

I *cannot* do a wholesale recount. I'll have a riot on my hands.

I would imagine this would require a custom query. Can you hook a brother up?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

THats correct, I already said that, you'll need to recount the posts (Maintainence > Update Counters > Update Postcounts), can't even imagine some sort of custom query to handle it.

Comment

• wiredinoc
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Uh, what? How about a query that looks for the number '2,147,483,650' and just re-counts those?

Can you help a brotha out here? VB smacks a big ol warning on that maintenance counter item for a reason. I -CANNOT- run that task, my users will go absolutely insane. Please help.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Why would your users go insane? Its not possible via a single query, or directly possible via a few. I'm telling you to fix the issue run the update post counter.

Comment

• wiredinoc
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Zach, the warning in the admincp states:

Do not run this if you have pruned posts, manually changed post counts, or imported from another forum package and you wish to maintain your users' current counts. Your members' post counts will PROBABLY decrease so only run this if you believe you really need to! Once they decrease you can not bring them back up without restoring your database or manually editing each user. You have been warned!
                      I cannot run this, I have pruned posts, removed forums, etc in the past. If I run this, a good chunk of my users are going to ***** because their counts will decrease. This isn't a "last resort" kinda thing, this is a real problem. I cannot re-count the posts for this reason, my users will go nuts (we have post group promotions/rankings running).

A VB bug created this problem, and as a customer, VB should have a fix for us. This is a major problem on my end.

Now, there is already code to re-count the users posts -somewhere-. Can this be modified to only count users with '2,147,483,650' thus correcting the problem?

How about it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• peterska2
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 3.7.x

There are instances where you need to run this, which is why it is there. This is one of those instances.

The only other option is to manually edit the users postcounts who have 2147483650 posts back to a realistic number. This would be done through the user manager in the admincp

Comment

• jasonlitka
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 4.0.x

You can use a query like the one below to get a number close to the real post counts for those users. It won't be exact because it doesn't look at deleted posts/threads but it's a lot better than 2,147,483,650.

The query assumes that you aren't using a table prefix.

Code:
                          UPDATE `user` SET `posts` = (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `post` WHERE `post`.`userid` = `user`.`userid` GROUP BY `post`.`userid`) WHERE `user`.`posts` = 2147483650;
                          Oh, and I assume no responsibility if this breaks your server, wipes out your data, etc...
                          Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• wiredinoc
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Thank you Jason, I really appreciate your support with this. Quick question just to make sure...

My prefix is 'ws_' - I'm having problems running the query with the prefix in place. Can you confirm the query? I could be messing up somewhere.

Thanks dude.

Comment

• jasonlitka
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by wiredinoc
                              Thank you Jason, I really appreciate your support with this. Quick question just to make sure...

My prefix is 'ws_' - I'm having problems running the query with the prefix in place. Can you confirm the query? I could be messing up somewhere.

Thanks dude.
                              With that table prefix you'd want to use the following:

Code:
                              UPDATE `ws_user` SET `posts` = (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ws_post` WHERE `ws_post`.`userid` = `ws_user`.`userid` GROUP BY `ws_post`.`userid`) WHERE `ws_user`.`posts` = 2147483650;
                              Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...