• Show
Clear All
  • Fking
    • Nov 2002

mysql problem when trying to access the control panel

When i click on control panel i get a mysql error
    here is the source code of the error page

HTML Code:
    <html><head><title>Сайтът на Студентски Град! Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
    <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
    <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the Сайтът на Студентски Град! database.</b><br />
    Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p><form><textarea class="error" rows="15" cols="100" wrap="off">Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:
    Invalid SQL: 
     SELECT thread.threadid, thread.forumid
     FROM thread AS thread, subscribethread AS subscribethread
     LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog ON(deletionlog.primaryid = thread.threadid AND type = 'thread')
     WHERE subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid
     AND subscribethread.userid = 1
     AND thread.visible = 1
     AND lastpost &gt; 1176921306
     AND deletionlog.primaryid IS NULL
    mysql error: Unknown column 'thread.threadid' in 'on clause'
    mysql error number: 1054
    Date: Wednesday 18th 2007f April 2007 11:35:48 PM
    Script: http://www.edited.com/usercp.php?
    Referer: http://www.edited.com/
    Username: Fking
    IP Address: 77.70.66.97
    </textarea></form></blockquote>
    </body></html>

i haven't did or changed anything recently, this error just came out of the blue

i tried to repair and optimize the tables like 10 times, but this didnt help
    Arcade Games - Some free fun for the free time!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Invalid SQL errors are almost always related to modified code. To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Fking
      • Nov 2002

hello, i reverted to the original, absolutely un-touched skin, and the problem is still the same.

The most weird part is that i haven't changed anything for months before the problem appeared

p.s.
      sorry for the late answer

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Possible that a modification is no longer compatible with new MySQL version, this only applies if your host just upgraded servers. Did you follow all the steps in Steve Machol post?

Comment

• Fking
          • Nov 2002

yes, i tried everything he recommended

seems like mysql update is the most logical reasons, especially when i havent changed anything for months, and the problem just popped up out of the blue.

Ok lets accept that this is the reason, how to proceed?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

This is what I have for vBulletin version 3.0.6 and it seem to work without any troubles.
            Server Type - Linux
            Web Server - cgi
            PHP - 5.2.0
            MySQL - 4.1.22-standard-log
            You need to remove any modifications by properly uninstalling and that includes the files that come with them. You will need to overwrite modified files with new unmodified files.

Comment

• Fking
              • Nov 2002

im still with vbulletin 3.0.1
              So if i upgrade it may fix the problem?

(having in mind its seriosly skinned and modified now, will the upgrade mess up the mods and stuff? )

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Yes, the problem is that vB 3.0.1 is not compatible with that version of MySQL. You should upgrade.

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files.

Also upgrading will not overwrite custom templates. However none of the 3.0.1 templates will be compatible with 3.6.9 so you will need to redo your customizations.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...