This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Halo 1 simply sucked. I did not like it. Sorry!
    I skipped Halo 2.
    And will purchase halo 3.

Comment

• JakeS
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      My wife bought me Halo when she got me an XBOX for Yule a few years ago. It was recommended by the sales clerk. It still sits on the shelf in its original shrinkwrap.
      My original xbox has an old monitor sitting on top of it Used it once, Turned it off, never turned it on again, funny thing is I used my ps2 instead as I found the games more "Interesting"

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We have an xBox, PS1/2, Gamecube, and three DSes in the family as well as four computers. Different consoles for different purposes.

The Gamecube is for the kids when they have friends over. Many 4-player games that they can all share and we have a couple of 8-16 player games. Same thing with the DSes, they can share games on it. Some only require a single cartridge for all three kids to play the same game. The DSes and the Gamecube are also the least fragile and most portable.

The PS2 was simply an upgrade from the PS1. We used it mostly for Squaresoft games such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts and the Ratchet & Clank Series. Now the kids have The Sims2 and a collection of old school Sonic the Hedgehog games and a few others.

The XBOX is mine. It was bought for me to play Mature games on. Things we won't let the kids play. Gives me the comfort of the big screen and the controller. We don't have any 'M' rated games for the other consoles.

I'll probably be getting an Nintendo Wii because they kids want to upgrade eventually. I'll probably be getting the XBOX 360 because it is a Media Connector and I have seen a few games for it. I have no reason to desire a PS3, though mostly that is because Sony has turned me off of their products. Since Squaresoft doesn't make games exclusively for Sony anymore, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

-------------
        Back to the original topic:

I can understand collector editions of games. They sell well. I have the collector's editions of City of Heroes, City of Villains, several collector packs for SimCity and The Sims 1/2 and will probably get different ones in the future.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JakeS
          • Jul 2005

We have an xBox, PS1/2, Gamecube, and three DSes in the family as well as four computers. Different consoles for different purposes.

The Gamecube is for the kids when they have friends over. Many 4-player games that they can all share and we have a couple of 8-16 player games. Same thing with the DSes, they can share games on it. Some only require a single cartridge for all three kids to play the same game. The DSes and the Gamecube are also the least fragile and most portable.

The PS2 was simply an upgrade from the PS1. We used it mostly for Squaresoft games such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts and the Ratchet & Clank Series. Now the kids have The Sims2 and a collection of old school Sonic the Hedgehog games and a few others.

The XBOX is mine. It was bought for me to play Mature games on. Things we won't let the kids play. Gives me the comfort of the big screen and the controller. We don't have any 'M' rated games for the other consoles.

I'll probably be getting an Nintendo Wii because they kids want to upgrade eventually. I'll probably be getting the XBOX 360 because it is a Media Connector and I have seen a few games for it. I have no reason to desire a PS3, though mostly that is because Sony has turned me off of their products. Since Squaresoft doesn't make games exclusively for Sony anymore, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

-------------
          Back to the original topic:

I can understand collector editions of games. They sell well. I have the collector's editions of City of Heroes, City of Villains, several collector packs for SimCity and The Sims 1/2 and will probably get different ones in the future.
          I Have a few collector editions my self but for ps2 and PC, Not sure which ones but if i was to look on the shelf for them I'd be looking all day, Thing that P's me off is when I tried to install my collectors edition of Sims 1 I couldn't because of vista - I had it on XP, also tried #2, Still no go I used to like playing my Sims games, I also had every edition of Sims 1 all the way up to Sims 2 was released, So vista stopped me from playing The Sims

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Just not a big fan of FPS style games. I might.. Maybe I'll take it in and get a few bucks credit towards something else.
            You would most likely be turned off due to mod. hackers when you play Halo 2 online. They should of made a server for people to use a modified xbox, it just terrible when you are on the other team.

Originally posted by Floris
            Halo 1 simply sucked. I did not like it. Sorry!
            I skipped Halo 2.
            And will purchase halo 3.
            Halo 1 maps are some of the best and should have been added to Halo 2.
            Just hope I do not see modifiers, but they will be online within a day of release of Halo 3.

--------
            I have bought three 2 limited edition last year and three triplepack why would I purchase 3 of the same titles? I have 3 systems, 12+ controllers, 3 televions. You might say I would never pay that much for games... I bought the 3pack for $19.99 CND ea. & limited edition for $9.99. I so enjoy Boxing Day. .....

One more thing on cheap games, BestBuy.com had been selling all older console games for $1.99 ea. in February online only. I do not know if games from the USA would work with Canadian version games, so I did not purchase any.

Comment

• Greps
              • Feb 2006
              • 3.6.x

gah, the irony. Bungie/Microsoft have sold over 2x more Halo 3 preorders alone than Sony sold PS3 consoles. so long, Sony.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Greps
                gah, the irony. Bungie/Microsoft have sold over 2x more Halo 3 preorders alone than Sony sold PS3 consoles. so long, Sony.

Sony still has Blu-Ray ... I hope HDDVD is the format winner, cause I hate to lightly scatch a Disc and have it not working[Blue-Ray]. Sony should of won Betamax vs VHS Format War, but I hope they do not get this one.

PS3 will still have core customers and might get into first place or fall into 2nd or even tied with wii . Some people expect that Halo 3 will sell 5 million & console systems will reach 10 million units plus end of 2007.

I will wait to see if a Halo console comes out and most likely purchase that, not a face plate... I could just modify the shell or better yet make my own shell.

Comment

• Greps
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.6.x

there already are more than 10 million Xbox 360's sold. there are over 5 million Wii's sold. and not even 2 million PS3's.

Halo 3 is _expected_ to sell more than 5 million 360's.

Sony have already lost the next-gen console battle. everybody hates them, both customers and developers. customers hate them for high PS3 prices, blu-ray, PS3's huge size, lack of good games, game cost, the lack of PS2 game compatibility, etc.

developers hate them for the ridiculous architecture leading to insane development costs. most of the games that once were PS exclusives are no longer that and will be released for 360 as well.

Comment

• Onimua
                    • Apr 2005

Let's not turn this into another console war thread, eh?

I can't wait for the Halo 3 beta, personally. I got my copy of Crackdown (which in itself is a fun game, so worth the money).
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• JakeS
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Greps
                      there already are more than 10 million Xbox 360's sold. there are over 5 million Wii's sold. and not even 2 million PS3's.

Halo 3 is _expected_ to sell more than 5 million 360's.

Sony have already lost the next-gen console battle. everybody hates them, both customers and developers. customers hate them for high PS3 prices, blu-ray, PS3's huge size, lack of good games, game cost, the lack of PS2 game compatibility, etc.

developers hate them for the ridiculous architecture leading to insane development costs. most of the games that once were PS exclusives are no longer that and will be released for 360 as well.
                      PS3 is only just getting started Microsoft xbox has been out a longer time and the time, oh and just so you know, 89% of the 560 people I have on my MSN list said that when they can afford the PS3 they are going to toss away their xbox.

From the USA Forum By Disposition:
                      here alot of people thought sony didnt know what they were doing...

The ps3 is now worldwide. u know what that means. this is it.. Its selling out everywherer more and more.. not just UK.., France , Australia...and even more in the US. There is plently of em to go around.. in stores but i still see people pickin them up and walking to the counter, and i constantly here more and my friends finally come around, and say they are not happy with their ya know......

This is the the time for the overtake.. Like sony said before they knew it would be a slow start.. but we are goina be saying.. "I told ya so" in the future.

I really think blu rays are gona win aswell.. Maybe not eliminate DVD yet that will takes years... but HD DVD is out the door.. even M$ wont stock there new.. (we need HDMI and more HD space console) with a hd dVD... that shows they already lost faith, and M$ has no shame in surrporting foriegn companies and we all know thats true...

Anyway to make this thread unlockable i must ensure the mods know this is ps3 related.. in a way the point is.

That after \May when a few more titles come Liar, heavenly sword. (maybe more firmware) its over. and at the end of the year or next, ur mom and my mom will have one to watch their blu rays =).....

Orignal:
                      Last edited by JakeS; Tue 27 Mar '07, 6:02am.

Comment

• Colin F
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by JakeS
                        PS3 is only just getting started Microsoft xbox has been out a longer time and the time, oh and just so you know, 89% of the 560 people I have on my MSN list said that when they can afford the PS3 they are going to toss away their xbox.
                        As Onimua said, please don't turn this into a console war.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• JakeS
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Colin F
                          As Onimua said, please don't turn this into a console war.
                          I'm sorry but I don't like people who say "oh ps3 sucks" before they have even used it!

Comment

• Greps
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3.6.x

it sucks enough to have the word spread beyond all needs to use it.

Gameinformer:What about the PS3?

Gabe Newell: The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a "do over". Just say, "This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it". The happy story is the Wii. I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy. I really like everthing that Nintendo is doing.
                            Tim Tweeney from Epic Games complains that because of PS3's specific architecture developing games for it is alsmot 5x more expensive than for 360.

John Carmack from id software said that he prefers Microsoft's console bacause the development tools are much cheaper and easier to use.

PlayStation 3 Losers Need to Get a Life

A Weekend Full of Quality Time With PlayStation 3

5 Things That Went From Buzz to Bust

PS3 Sucks For PC Porting

Microsoft XBox 360 vs. Sony Playstation 3 - Game over man!

The Exclusive Arms Race: March 2007 Update

PS3: What the Cell is Going On?

you were saying..?

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

I see the request by a moderator is ignored: Thread closed.
                              Please respect the staff if they post a request, in the future we will start deleting posts and issue infractions. Please take that as a kind request. And rethink your posting behavior.

Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...