Do you have any intension to make phpbb-nuke forum convertor to vbb?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edogs
    • Jan 2005

Do you have any intension to make phpbb-nuke forum convertor to vbb?

The point is that if we convert phpbb2 to vbb it works perfectly.
    But if we try to convert bbnuke to vbb it convert with mistakes, mostly in user groups and deleted posts and posts from anonymous.
    Is there any chance to get working convertor from bbnuke to vbb?
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by edogs
    The point is that if we convert phpbb2 to vbb it works perfectly.
    But if we try to convert bbnuke to vbb it convert with mistakes, mostly in user groups and deleted posts and posts from anonymous.
    Is there any chance to get working convertor from bbnuke to vbb?
    Already exists. You should be able to use the phpBB 1.x or phpBB 2.x Impex importer and import everything. You won't loose anything during the import process as it reads the data and translate it into usable data for vBulletin.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• edogs
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      Already exists. You should be able to use the phpBB 1.x or phpBB 2.x Impex importer and import everything. You won't loose anything during the import process as it reads the data and translate it into usable data for vBulletin.
      Nope, guys. Please, read the our post carefully.
      Your import works perfectly with natural phpbb2. Just ideal.
      But php-nuke (and post-nuke and some other cms) used bbnuke, we mean the port of forum to CMS (the well known port). It have different settings from phpbb2, mostly for usergroups.
      Then we try to use standart phpbb impex for this, all ok, except the usergroups, deleted post and anonymous posts. For examples - all users after import from bbnuke do have usergroup id - zero, and shown in adminpanel as "user awaiting e-mail confirmation", anynymous posts loose username during import.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

Nope, guys. Please, read the our post carefully.
        Your import works perfectly with natural phpbb2. Just ideal.
        But php-nuke (and post-nuke and some other cms) used bbnuke, we mean the port of forum to CMS (the well known port). It have different settings from phpbb2, mostly for usergroups.
        Then we try to use standart phpbb impex for this, all ok, except the usergroups, deleted post and anonymous posts. For examples - all users after import from bbnuke do have usergroup id - zero, and shown in adminpanel as "user awaiting e-mail confirmation", anynymous posts loose username during import.
        It is from my experience that all the data imports correctly. I recently imported users using Impex off PHP-Nuke using BBNuke. It could be the case where it is time for the importer to be updated. Have you opened up a thread about this with Jerry?
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• edogs
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          It is from my experience that all the data imports correctly. I recently imported users using Impex off PHP-Nuke using BBNuke. It could be the case where it is time for the importer to be updated. Have you opened up a thread about this with Jerry?
          Hm, probably something changed in importer already. Will get the latest in nearest days and recheck.
          For a while topic is not actual.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

Hm, probably something changed in importer already. Will get the latest in nearest days and recheck.
            For a while topic is not actual.
            There isn't one for nuke do to the number of variations of nuke, i.e. I've yet to find a default schema that I could set as the benchmark for an importer.

There are a few threads in the import forum on how to rename tables or revert a nuke board to phpBB to get the import done.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• edogs
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
              There isn't one for nuke
              Ok. Thank you, at least now it's clear
              do to the number of variations of nuke, i.e. I've yet to find a default schema that I could set as the benchmark for an importer.
              Basically we believe that many variations of *-nuke do use same port of bb2nuke. In addition - we can say that the only difference between port and phpbb2 located in constants.php file (constants which defined admin/moderator/guest/deleted/user...).
              There are a few threads in the import forum on how to rename tables or revert a nuke board to phpBB to get the import done.
              Will search for it. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...