URGENT: Managed hosts that allow 1GB+ MySQL DBs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typhon
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.7.x

URGENT: Managed hosts that allow 1GB+ MySQL DBs?

I run a series of communities with the following specs:
    Site #1:
    Threads: 85,074, Posts: 906,501, Members: 115,161

Site #2:
    Threads: 47,714, Posts: 588,669, Members: 20,595*
    Threads: 31,335, Posts: 400,885, Members: 16,830*
    * About to be merged via ImpEx

Site #3:
    150,155, Posts: 2,033,539, Members: 28,721

Site #4:
    Threads: 45,567, Posts: 639,092, Members: 14,494

In addition to the forums, I run database driven tools, that take up a lot of space.

I currently have a Managed Webserver and a Dedicated Database server. Problem is that I'm paying for bandwidth between the 2 and blowing through my 1.5TB allocation every month (I'm using about 2TB).

I would love to put all my stuff on 1 machine, but my MySQL databases are around 400MB to 1GB ... and most Managed hosts cap it about 100MB to 200MB.

Any possible solutions? In 2 days I will have burned though my allocation and will be bleeding ~$50/day for 10 days until it resets.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I would rather find a Managed Solution, as I'm a programmer, not an Administrator.
    ::Typhon::
    www.realmworx.com
  • Interdit
    • May 2002
    • 3.8.x

Hello,

Well if you have your own dedicated server, you shouldn't have any mysql limit.

How many users does it make in total at the same time ?
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

• Typhon
      • Nov 2000
      • 3.7.x

If you're counting spiders ... probably 5000, if you're not counting spiders, around 2500. What's the best dedicated solution out there? I've called pair, mediatemple, gatorhost, site5 ... and I guess it relaly comes down to the fact that I'm a programmer, and don't want to "Admin" the server. Any other solution?
      ::Typhon::
      www.realmworx.com

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

With the execption of pair, most of those places are not really dedicated server material.

Theplanet and Softlayer i believe both have managed solutions.

Comment

• encryption
          • May 2005

you can also try SuperbServers. Been using them for over 2 years now and they're pretty solid. I believe ASmallOrange have a wicked managed hosting solution as well and several members on here have nothing but good things to say about them
          www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
          www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...