• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sports Cartel
    • Jan 2006

Multiple quote levels & images in signatures

Hello,

I've got a two part question --

I just sucessfully used Impex to convert my Invision Power Board 2.x DB with over 1 million posts to vB 3.5.4. I have a quick question that popped up real quick from my hard-core users: How do I enable multiple quote levels?

We had numerous threads at the old forum with sometimes upwards of 10 - 20 quote levels (before the quotes would break and not format correctly, that is), and my users are wondering how to bring that back.

Next, is there a way for me to enable images in signatures? My users love that feature and really ran with it on IPB.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to being an active part of the vB community!
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I hope I understood the question correctly...
    You can nest quotes by nesting the tags.
    [quote=Sports Cartel]look what he posted:[quote=wiggledy]foo bla[/quote][/quote] would give this:
    Originally posted by Sports Cartel
    look what he posted:
    Originally posted by wiggledy
    foo bla
    Quoting multiple people at the same time by checking a checkbox or similiar isn't possible at the moment, but will be in vBulletin 3.6

To enable images in signatures, go to your

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow [IMG] Code in Signatures

Set this to Yes.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Sports Cartel
      • Jan 2006

Colin,

Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for -- the nesting of quotes. I'm looking forward to vB 3.6, and I'm certain my forum users are as well.

So far, the transition to vB from IPB has been great -- I'm firmly on board now as a vB believer!

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

I'm glad to hear that

Believe me, I can't wait for 3.6 either...
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...