Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

IF you are getting an error when editing a Template, you should never continue. An error in a template could make your board (partially) unusable. An error in the navbar template, will reflect on almost each page of your board.

Your original problem must have been in either the SHOWTHREAD or the pagenav template.

Sorry i really can not help you more then to tell you to compair your Style with a clean Style and find what is causing this.

Maybe one of the HTML/Template wizards here will see this thread and have a look, this is really not my thing.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Xstreamist
      • Feb 2006

OK, Thanks for trying Marco.

Comment

• r0xt4r
        • May 2005

ive been over and over this post as well as other posts when searching for "Thread tools" and have yet to come up with an answer. i posted one of my own posts on another thread too and have yet to get a response.

My problem is that I, nor either of my two admins can use "Thread tools" when a post spans more than one page. Other posts that are less than 2 pages are fine. Ive gone through just about every solution posted on hereand other threads and have had no success. I have tried reverting everthing however the only thing i have not done is upload the necessary files again. i have done very little modification to my board to which the most would be modifying the postbit template. I have added additional registration options to appear in profile fields on the actual forum.

I recently upgraded to the newest release of vbulletin and thats when i noticed the trouble. Aside from re-uploading all the files, is there any other solution to this problem that I may be able to try? i havent made any changes at all since tthe upload of the original upgraded files for the newest release except the changes to try to resolve this issue and dont really understand the relevance to uploading them again, if they are what caused these menus not to work in the first place?

any suggestions you guys have would be great, as well as any vbulletin team member or whatever is more than welcome to try resolving the issue on the forum if they want. I will be happy to assign an admin username and password for them. My current version: Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3

Thanks,

-Matt

Update 1: here are the links they go to when clicked

HTML Code:
        http://azsportbikes.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1078&nojs=1#goto_threadtools

http://azsportbikes.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1072&nojs=1#goto_threadtools
        <comment: im noticing they are the same except for the post number. i hope this helps>

this option doesnt work either:
        Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus?
        Last edited by r0xt4r; Mon 20 Feb '06, 4:46pm.
        When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
        -------------------------
        www.azsportbikes.org/forums

Comment

• r0xt4r
          • May 2005

ok well apparently it was my Navbar. i had added the option of flash chat to it and totally forgot about it. i would paste this enterniously long code for it here, but... the code is huge. so heres the short and sweet for the flash chat:

HTML Code:
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
                      <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">            
                          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_buddy_list]</a></td>            
                      </if>            
                  </if>
                  <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="http://www.azsportbikes.org/chat/flashchat.php"
          target="flashchat">FlashChat</a></td>             
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout" onclick="return log_out()">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>
                  </if>
              </tr>
              </table>
          </div>
          <!-- / nav buttons bar -->

<br />
          <br />

When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
          -------------------------
          www.azsportbikes.org/forums

Comment

• RichTJ99
            • Jul 2004

be sure that the following is at the bottom of your navbar template
            Code:
            <!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
            		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
            		<tr>
            			<td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">$vbphrase[go_to_page]</td>
            		</tr>
            		<tr>
            			<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
            			<form action="$vboptions[forumhome].php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
            				<input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
            				<input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="$vbphrase[go]" />
            			</form>
            			</td>
            		</tr>
            		</table>
            	</div>

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
            </if>

Comment

• yolise
              • Nov 2003

After upgrading vBulletin, I also have this problem. Could someone from vBulletin confirm and explain exactly what's going on and how to fix it? I'm not really following what's going on in this thread, I only know that the thread tools have stopped working in all my templates except for a new one that I just created.

I was re-directed from this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=thread+tools

Comment

• Jetrome
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RichTJ99
                be sure that the following is at the bottom of your navbar template
                Code:
                <!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
                        <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
                        <tr>
                            <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">$vbphrase[go_to_page]</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
                            <form action="$vboptions[forumhome].php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
                                <input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
                                <input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="$vbphrase[go]" />
                            </form>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>
                    </div>

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
                </if>
                THANK YOU!! that fixed it for me. i had altered my navbar in 3.0.x and never changed it when i upgraded to 3.5.4. *sigh* i feel so much better. you really saved me on that one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...