X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skelp
    • Sep 2005

Ring around the rosie problem.

OK... this is a strange one.... In all my years of working with bulletin boards I have never ever seen anything like this....
    I had installed vBulletin and started doing an import (importing from phpBB). Doing a clean install and clean Impex import. My stupid cat walked across the keyboard on my computer after I clicked the first button on the Import. I had gotten an error message during that Module and it was sitting on the error message when my cat committed suicide... err... walked across the key board hehehe... When she did this the browser closed on that window..
    I reopened my browser and went back to go into the admin panel and entered my log in information.. it accepted the log in and got to the screen that says thank you for logging in and then it went right back to the login window.... Tried again and it did the same thing, a third time, same thing.... Soooooooo. I deleted all the tables form the database and all the vBulletin files form the server.
    I reupload all the files and go to reinstall.... ok... hope yer sitting down cause this is where we enter the twilight zone..... I enter my customer number and click the button and it goes to step one. I click the next button and it goes back to the enter the customer number, I enter number and click, it goes to step two. I click next it goes to customer number, I enter and click next it goes to step three, I click next it goes to customer number, I enter and click it goes back to step one and the nightmare starts all over again......
    Anyone ever seen this? Know what's happening? Know how to get me off this merry go round? hehehe
  • Skelp
    • Sep 2005

Is this not the Impex support forum? No offence folks but I thought I would receive a quicker response after paying $160 for this software.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

As I responded in your other thread it is not easy to understand what you are talking about. Please try explaining again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Skelp
        Is this not the Impex support forum? No offence folks but I thought I would receive a quicker response after paying $160 for this software.
        Yes, this is the forum. Not everyone here works 24 hours and the official support is here :

Sounds like you have deleted all your members, hence why it won't log you in, though for that to happen after a reinstall sounds like the original database must be lurking.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Skelp
          • Sep 2005

Steve... to respond to your post in the other section.... How does this look like a joke?????????????
          And what do you mean it's hard to understand..... It's right there in front of you. I'm stuck in an endless loop of logging in. All ya need to do is read.
          Jerry... howcould I have deleted my members? there aren't any there because the first import never completed. And theres nothing from the other database lurking at all. It was all deleted.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

Steve... to respond to your post in the other section.... How does this look like a joke????????????? And what do you mean it's hard to understand..... It's right there in front of you. I'm stuck in an endless loop of logging in. All ya need to do is read.
            Joke, because of posts like :

It hard to understand because of the details.

It sounds like, you installed, the import was interrupted, you reinstalled and are now stuck in a loop, if it was clearer, it would be easier to read and to help.

Jerry... howcould I have deleted my members? there aren't any there because the first import never completed. And theres nothing from the other database lurking at all. It was all deleted.
            Depending on what links your cat clicked on you can delete all the members in the target database, you don't have to import the whole database and complete the import to delete the users.

If you have re-installed and cleared all your cookies there must be a corrupt file some where.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Skelp
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
              Joke, because of posts like :
              Hi, I;m getting ready to innstall and use Impex and need to know something. In the config file, for the source database information.... What will happen if I set the source exists to false? I will be doing a clean import and have the source database backed up and saved on my hard drive. Thanks in advance.

OK... this is a strange one.... In all my years of working with bulletin boards I have never ever seen anything like this.... I had installed vBulletin and started doing an import (importing from phpBB). Doing a clean install and clean Impex import. My stupid cat walked across the keyboard on my computer after I clicked the
              ?????? What the?????? The first link is a post where I exlain I figured out a problem on my own.. how's that a joke??????? The second link is to my first post in this thread.. and I already said ths is NOT a joke.

It hard to understand because of the details.

It sounds like, you installed, the import was interrupted, you reinstalled and are now stuck in a loop, if it was clearer, it would be easier to read and to help.
              Sounds like you got the details just fine.

Depending on what links your cat clicked on you can delete all the members in the target database, you don't have to import the whole database and complete the import to delete the users.
              How can you delete users while sitting on an error message window?

If you have re-installed and cleared all your cookies there must be a corrupt file some where.
              ?????That doesn't exactly help me much.

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

?????? What the?????? The first link is a post where I exlain I figured out a problem on my own.. how's that a joke??????? The second link is to my first post in this thread.. and I already said ths is NOT a joke.
                Because that is how it reads.

How can you delete users while sitting on an error message window?
                Depends on what links you cat clicked on.

?????That doesn't exactly help me much.
                If you have droped the database, re-installed and cleared all your browser cookies to that vBulletin board, that is one of the only things it can be, have you uploaded vBulletin again.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Skelp
                  • Sep 2005

Because that is how it reads.
                  Noo, that's how YOU read it. People don't come into support foiums to joke aro0und. They come to get help.

Depends on what links you cat clicked on.
                  Jeez.. are you reading my posts at all??? How many times do I have to say it was sitting on an error window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were NO LINKS TO CLICK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have droped the database, re-installed and cleared all your browser cookies to that vBulletin board, that is one of the only things it can be, have you uploaded vBulletin again.
                  Ya know.... I could sit behind a desk and tell people "Oh it's a corrupt file. Reinstall." All day long too. Doesn't make me a support tech. If you worked for me and treated customers the way you do here and gave such low quality service to the customers yer ass would be fired in a split second.

Regardless of you useless answers I fixed the problem my self. I sure hope no one else has it cause they sure won't get any help here.

Comment

• Jerry
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 1.1.x

Noo, that's how YOU read it. People don't come into support foiums to joke aro0und. They come to get help.
                    No, both Steve an I read it that way, and people usually read the sticky threads on how to report an issue here first.

Jeez.. are you reading my posts at all??? How many times do I have to say it was sitting on an error window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were NO LINKS TO CLICK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I read every post in this forum and try to reply to the ones that make sense.

Ya know.... I could sit behind a desk and tell people "Oh it's a corrupt file. Reinstall." All day long too.
                    For the symptoms you were attempting to describe and claiming that you had completely reinstalled vBulletin and ImpEx and cleared the cookies, that was the most likely cure.

Doesn't make me a support tech. If you worked for me and treated customers the way you do here and gave such low quality service to the customers yer ass would be fired in a split second.
                    Though I don't work for you, I work for Jelsoft and am usually thanked and praised by customer and other staff.

Regardless of you useless answers I fixed the problem my self. I sure hope no one else has it cause they sure won't get any help here.
                    I have yet to find another post where a cat has corrupted an import and a complete reinstall of vBulletin, ImpEx and a cookie clear has given the same symptoms when there hasn't been a file or server issue.

Though if its solved, thread closed.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...