Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
5 results in 0.0090 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• vBulletin 4.x upgrade process for large vBulletin forums

vBulletin 4.x upgrade process for large vBulletin forums

Basically, you upgrade on a copy of your live database so as to leave live database untouched in case you mess up the upgrade.

eva2000's upgrade process

My vB 3.8.x to vB 4.1.x upgrade process which I personally use myself as well as for private paying clients is as follows and assumes:
    1. you have ssh2 telnet access
    2. your vB 3.x forums are only using MySQL default MyISAM/Memory tables with NO InnoDB tables
    3. you have enough free disk space to hold all the backups approximately 3x to 6x times the size of your forum database/files/attachments in free disk space.
    4. public root directory = /home/username/public_html
    5. live database name = livedbname
    6. new databasename name = newdbname

Step 1. Tune php and mysql settings specifically for backup, restore and upgrade process. Tune mysql to ensure enough memory is allocated to buffers to speed things up, increase timeout values for mysql to ensure no mysql timeouts and for php. Ensure mysql server has InnoDB support disabled otherwise you’ll have to deal with InnoDB tuning parameters before you start as vB4 automatically converts 6 tables to InnoDB if mysql server has InnoDB support enabled. Read the reasons of how and why you’d want InnoDB support disabled in my blog post at http://vbtechsupport.com/675/ and if you do decide to use InnoDB storage engine for some database tables, I’d also look at upgrading your MySQL...
    See more | Go to post

• vBulletin Mobile Suite FAQ

vBulletin Mobile Suite FAQ

Here is a basic FAQ for vBulletin's mobile applications.
    This FAQ will be updated.

Basics
    What is it?
    The product that will be available is an "app builder", it allows you to build a branded custom iPhone and Android app for your vBulletin website.

Can I try it out?
    Sure. - Apple
    (here it is running on vBulletin 3.7)
    And here too. - Android

What platforms are you going to support?
    Apple devices running on iOS 3.1.3+ (older versions may work fine - no promises though )
    This means, iPad, iPod touch, iPhone 3 & 4
    Android devices running version 1.6+

Are you creating an iPad specific version?
    The iPhone app we have contains HD images, which means it looks/works fine on the iPad. This is in addition to the standard vBulletin skin working well in Safari on the iPad. We currently do not intend to create an iPad specific app.

What other platforms are you going to support?
    Other platforms may be added too depending on market-share and their ability to support the basic vBulletin functionality.

I have a symbian/Blackberry/windows mobile, will you support me?

We have a mobile skin which will support...
    See more | Go to post

• Skimlinks Integration with vBulletin

Skimlinks Integration with vBulletin

Monetize your vBulletin forum with Skimlinks

vBulletin is happy to announce it has integrated with Skimlinks. We feel their free technology is a neat addition to help monetize a forum in an unobtrusive fashion, and we’ve negotiated a bonus earnings offer just for vBulletin customers if you enable Skimlinks via vBulletin.

Since 2008, Skimlinks has been helping thousands of forums earn money when they drive purchases online, without altering the look and feel of the forum at all.

Simply enable Skimlinks (see below), it takes 5 minutes, and you’ll start earning.

How does Skimlinks work? Skimlinks seamlessly converts existing links on your site to online retailers such as eBay and Amazon into affiliate links – when clicked. Skiml...
    See more | Go to post

• How to Install test vBulletin Apps

How to Install test vBulletin Apps

Testing iPhone on Simulator

Required software

Installing the application on the simulator
    1. Grab the latest build package for the simulator. The filename is something in this format: -Simulator..zip.
    2. Copy the file in the application folder (/Users//Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.1/Applications).
    3. Unzip the file, it will create a folder with an unique ID.
    4. If you had a previous version of the application, delete the folder containing it.
    5. Restart the iOS simulator.
    6. On the s
    See more | Go to post

• vBulletin Mobile

vBulletin Mobile

Here is a basic FAQ for vBulletin's mobile applications.
    This FAQ will be updated.

Basics
    What is it?
    The product that will be available is an "app builder",
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X