Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
17 results in 0.0072 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• How to Create a New Article

How to Create a New Article

Here's a quick visual guide on how to create a new article with the CMS.

1. Create New Article Button: Navigate to the section you want the article to be published in. Click on the “Create a New Article” button. This will open an article form.

2. Article Title: In the "Add/Edit Article" screen, enter the title of your article in the “Title” textbox.
    See more | Go to post

• The vBulletin Mobile Suite v1.2 is Now Available

The vBulletin Mobile Suite v1.2 is Now Available

According to the most current industry data, mobile web usage is not only here to stay, but it’s fast becoming the preferred mode of internet browsing for more and more people around the world. The global web community is “going mobile”, and now you have the opportunity to position your forum on the cutting edge of this trend.

The vBulletin Mobile Suite is a premium mobile solution that allows for the creation of branded mobile apps customized specifically for your forum. The Suite gives your community members...
    See more | Go to post

• How to Report a Bug using vB Issue Tracking System (JIRA)

How to Report a Bug using vB Issue Tracking System (JIRA)

Welcome. I've created a quick step-by-step overview on how to report a bug through the vB issue tracker system also known as JIRA. The bug report process is done through the issue tracker system therefore, you will be able to track the status of the reported bug from start to finish.

See more | Go to post

• How to Search for an Existing Issue Using vB Issue Tracker System

How to Search for an Existing Issue Using vB Issue Tracker System

Welcome. This is a brief overview of how to search for an existing issue using the vB Issue Tracker System. These issues are reported through JIRA which is an issue system that vBulletin has converted to. However, this can all be found in the tab of the vBulletin website. This video gives step by step instructions and screenshots of how to look for a particular issue that may match your current situation....
    See more | Go to post

• Widgets

Widgets

vBulletin's CMS allows you to create smaller applications that fill in the Layout content. Where the Layout used organizes the Widgets and orders how they appear, it’s the individual Widgets that define what sorts of data are displayed. Widgets can be added, deleted, and edited through the Widget Manager in AdminCP.

Creating A New Widget

To create a new Widget, go to AdminCP > vBulletin CMS > Widgets:

Clicking on Create New Widget will open the following page allowing you to choose from a pre-defined list of Widgets or to create your own (please see attached PDF file for a description of each of these widgets):

From this screen, select one of the Widget Types then give your Widge...
    See more | Go to post

• Grid & Layout Manager

Grid & Layout Manager

The vBulletin CMS allows you to customise your layouts to suit your needs. These layouts can then be used in different Sections of your CMS to give each Section it's own look - couple this with it's own style (see this article on how to change these in your Sections) and you can really start to give your CMS a sense of individuality.

Creating a New Grid

To create a new layout, you first need to create a Grid - if you don't already have a Grid you wish to use. A Grid controls the general layout of the contents in a section using elements such as columns, sidebars, headers and footers. Once a Grid has been created, you can then customise what is shown within the Grid using the Layout Manager.

Firstly, to create your new Grid go to:

AdminCP > vBulletin CMS > Grid Manager > [Add New Grid]

Th...
    See more | Go to post

• Editing Sections

Editing Sections

There are a number of different elements of a Section in the CMS that you can edit, including (but not exclusively):

- renaming
    - setting a specific style
    - changing the layout
    - changing what's viewed in a Section

As opposed to creating a Section, these changes are made via the user visible, or 'front end', side of the CMS. For all of the following, you need to go to the Section page you wish to edit and click on the pencil icon beside the Section name:

To rename a Section, simply remove the contents of the 'Name' field and enter the new title you wish to give it. Then, change the SEO URL Alias value to match the Section name and edit the Metadata Information box to reflect the changes also:

Once you've updated these details, simply press the 'Save' button and your changes will be applied:

When making changes to the CMS Sections, it's always advisable to Clear the CMS Cache and this should be done after each of the actions in this article. To do this, access AdminCP > vBulletin CMS and press the Clear CMS Cache Option:

Each Section can have a different layout as defined in the CMS Layout Manager in AdminCP. To change the Layout, simply click on the 'Layout' dropdown on the Section Edit page:

Each Section within the vBulletin CMS can have it's own style defined to it and the articles within that Section. Once you've created a style you wish to use for a specific Section, you need to assign that style to the Section itself. From the Section edit screen, simply change the dropdown to the style you wish to use for that section:

After making either of these changes to the Section, click on 'Save' then clear the CMS Cache in AdminCP.

Each Section can
    See more | Go to post

• Create Sections

Create Sections

This guide will help Admins to create and edit sections within their vBulletin CMS. Sections are used to organize your articles, build menus and apply layouts to your content. ...
    See more | Go to post

• imagepath Stylevars

imagepath Stylevars

These stylevars tell the vBulletin system where to find the images it needs. In the default style these are located in the images directory but you can point them to custom directories for your own styles. Any image not found will return an error to your browser. ...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 14th Mar '14, 12:20pm.

• navbar Stylevars

navbar Stylevars

The navbar template provides the basis of your primary navigation throughout your vBulletin community. From here, your users will be able to access all areas of your community. This article discusses the stylevars used to customize this template. ...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 14th Mar '14, 12:21pm.

• Install App in Android Emulator

Install App in Android Emulator

Don't have an Android device and want to see your vBulletin Mobile Suite app before it gets published? Then use the Android Emulator!

Below is a tutorial on how to run your apk file in
    See more | Go to post

• Best Upgrade Procedure

Best Upgrade Procedure

The main purpose of this guide is to help seamlessly transition your community to a new system without it resulting in anger, confusion, and stress for both you and your users. Though this is targeted more towards major software upgrades (vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4), the same concepts apply to any upgrade.

1.) Questions/Answers
    1. Why am I upgrading?
    2. Do I need to upgrade? (old software, security issues, etc…)
    3. What’s in it for my community and I?
    4. How will upgrading my software benefit my community vs. negatively impacting it?
    5. How will my users react to the upgrade?
    6. What old features will I lose vs. what I will gain?
    7. How should I style my site to fit the general feel of my old style?
    8. What resources will I need to get the ball rolling?
    9. How much time and money will
    See more | Go to post

• 9 Easy Steps to Styling Your Forum

9 Easy Steps to Styling Your Forum

The updated guide on how to style your forum in less then 12 steps!

Current for vB version 4.1.2...
    See more | Go to post

• Upgrading vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4 with New Upgrader

Upgrading vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4 with New Upgrader

Hello fellow admins,

This is a video tutorial showcasing the new upgrader while teaching you how to easily upgrade from vBulletin version 3 to 4.

See more | Go to post

• How to create a Fixed Style Template

How to create a Fixed Style Template

I wanted to do a short video tutorial on how to resize the general width of your vBulletin 4 Forum. Many vbulletin 4 themes that have come out are only available in “fluid style,” meaning it takes up the whole computer screen. I want to show you how to quickly make it a “fixed style” that can be resized to your needs. To get started, log in to your admin cp and click on “Styles and Templates" > "Style Manager"> and choose the style you want to edit. On the drop down field choose StyleVars. In the search field, just type in “doc.” Afterwards you should see doc_maxwidth under the “Common” category. Click on it. After cli...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X