X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nevf
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Interest in vB3

I'm currently evaluating IPB and vB and am trying to get a feel for what is new in vB3. I've got a few questions?
    1. Is there a list of vB3 features anywhere?
    2. If I purchase a vB license now is it possible to start off with vB3 even though it is still in Beta, or do I have to wait untill it is released?
    3. Is it possible to see a live demo of the vB3 Admin control panel?
    Thanks,
    Neville
    Neville Franks, Author of Surfulater and ED for Windows.
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

1) See: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62743
    2) If you purchase a license, you can download vBulletin 3 RC2 in the members area and start off right at vB3. Once vB3 gold comes out, you can just upgrade to that version.
    3) Regretfully, not available at this moment.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• nevf
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      1) See: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62743
      2) If you purchase a license, you can download vBulletin 3 RC2 in the members area and start off right at vB3. Once vB3 gold comes out, you can just upgrade to that version.
      3) Regretfully, not available at this moment.
      Thanks for the reply.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is disable a certain user group from reading/posting etc. to a forum, but still see that forum listed in the main list of categories/forums. If they try and access the forum they'd be told why they couldn't. Is that possible in vB2/3.

Also can the Admin Control Panel style (colors etc.) be changed in vB2/3? I really don't like the vB2 Demo Admin control colors, and find them difficult to read.

Thanks,
      Neville

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

in vB2 you can only use one style in the ACP

in vB3 there are 3 default ACP styles (vB2 vB3 Blue and vB3 Sliver)

you can disable any usergroup from reading any forum with forum permisssions

Comment

• nevf
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Faranth
          in vB2 you can only use one style in the ACP

in vB3 there are 3 default ACP styles (vB2 vB3 Blue and vB3 Sliver)

you can disable any usergroup from reading any forum with forum permisssions
          Thanks, looking better all the time. Trying to evaluate and compare Forum software isn't much fun I can tell you. Life is too short. ;-)

Can you control the look of the "QUOTE" box used in replies at all? IPB is a bit more stylish in this regard.

But vB3 looks very slick, and if it has the Admin capabilities I need it has to be the way to go.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

yes all the BBcode can be 100% controled, its just a template

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...