Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henry_h
    • Jan 2004

Is sales closed for the holidays??

I have ordered my license and paid by CC hours ago (the transaction has already appeared on my bank info) but have not had any response from sales or support. Shouldn't there at least be an auto generated email response other that the one that is sent by the credit card handler? Is this lack of response in any way related to your recent problems with Ddos attacks (blocked IP's etc)?
    I would appreciate some response from sales or support, this is not what I expected from Vbulletin.

H.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

*sigh*

I have responded to both of your support tickets in less than one hour after you sent them. I suspect you are blocking our support and license emails as spam. You will need to stop blocking these.

P.S. Try getting support from any other software company on New Year's day and see what happens.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Henry_h
      • Jan 2004

Fyi, I was not looking for support, simply some kind of acknowledgement of my purchase. I am not blocking anything as spam or anything else, that is why I asked about your recent problems. I had no trouble at all receiving the notice that my trasnaction had been processed.
      Within the last month I have purchased control panel software as well as a dedicated server online with no such poblems and have received at least a prompt automated response in both cases that is why I suspect that the problem may be on your end.
      You folks have to expect this kind of response if you are not setup to deal with customers properly. All your *sigh*s do is further alienate your customer base.

H.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      *sigh*

I have responded to both of your support tickets in less than one hour after you sent them. I suspect you are blocking our support and license emails as spam. You will need to stop blocking these.

P.S. Try getting support from any other software company on New Year's day and see what happens.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The *sigh* is because you decided to go on the attack without first trying to find out what the problem is. I have sent your license info to you twice - once after you made your purchase and again after your first support ticket. I have responded to both of your support tickets in less than an hour and I have sent you a personal email. I'm not sure what more I can do.

I an frustrated because I have worked hard to provide excellent support and follow-up and am understandably a little peeved when after doing all this I see:

I have ordered my license and paid by CC hours ago (the transaction has already appeared on my bank info) but have not had any response from sales or support. Shouldn't there at least be an auto generated email response other that the one that is sent by the credit card handler? Is this lack of response in any way related to your recent problems with Ddos attacks (blocked IP's etc)?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Henry_h
          • Jan 2004

Well, I appreciate your efforts, though I have yet to receive anything. And I apologize for 'going on the attack' as you say.
          I will allow several more hours for those responses to arrive, after which I will be looking for some kind of answer again from your suport team. Maybe you could try mailing it from some other account on your end. I have signed up using my formal (proper) email address and I refuse to do business of this sort using Hotmail, Fastmail, Netscape mail or any other online mail of that sort.

H.

Comment

• DarkDelight.net
            • Jul 2003

Sorry to jump on your thread but I too had an experience like this recently.
            I emailed support regarding my IP being blocked due to the attacks but I did not receive a reply, not even an autoresponder acknowledgement of my mail.
            I do not have anything set up to block any mail at all.

Maybe there is a problem at vB's end where not all mail is being sent out or some ISPs are blocking vB's mail as spam not allowing it to reach users' accounts.

Just a thought.
            Sig? What sig?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I have already sent you an email from a personal account. Please PM me with the email address you are sending from and also a copy of the transaction motice you did receive.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Henry_h
                • Jan 2004

Done.

Thanks,

H.

I have already sent you an email from a personal account. Please PM me with the email address you are sending from and also a copy of the transaction motice you did receive.

Comment

• Henry_h
                  • Jan 2004

Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to thank Steve for getting this resolved (despite the email probs) on what is a non-work day for most folks. Finally got the software downloaded and can now start working on my site.

regards,
                  H.

Comment

• the Sandman
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 3.7.x

Steve's an institution around here...see this Thread. And in case you were wondering, no, he's not a robot.

The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                    Articles - Forum Review
                    Interviews:
                    Kier • Scott • Jerry • Andreas • Steve • Wayne • Jake • Floris • Logician • Erwin •
                    Paul M

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Dec 2000

As steve said support is exceptional

I worked Christmas Day, Boxing Day (my birthday) and New Years Day. Response time might be slower over the holidays but we do our best to keep the response times as low as possible.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I bought a license the day after christmas with a credit card and was in the members area about 4 hours after purchase.

Comment

• Palestras
                          • Dec 2003

The fact that this discussion is public is great

What I find great is that this discussion is public and everybody may see it and it has not been deleted. Mr Henry_h got a fast response from Mr Steve Machol through this board and that generates a lot of trust for us potential buyers. It also generates a lot of trust if you know you can read other people's complaints. It is just impossible that everything goes perfectly well all the time. I was shopping as a consultant for a bulletin board. I recommended my customer two options: vBulletin # 1 and powerful competing software as #2, now, he must decide.

Happy New Year

Comment

• Dan
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                            I bought a license the day after christmas with a credit card and was in the members area about 4 hours after purchase.
                            Same with me but that was last year... and it was christmas eve iirc when i bought mine

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

FWIW the problem was that his ISP was not accepting emails for an unspecified period of time. We were able to see this in the mail logs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...