X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norm1153
    • Aug 2003

Refugee From Yahoo Groups Has a Question

Greetings!

I run a web hosting service. As you all may know, Yahoo has just terminated posting photos with posted messages, that go out to users. There is still a photo archive online available, however.

In any event this is a moderately active Group that caters to one of my interests, and I'd like to help out. Since this just occurred, the moderator needs to make whatever changes he decides on fairly quick.

1. Can individual users elect to receive a copy of all new messages, or elect to receive a daily digest?

1. When the new messages reach a certain limit, can they be automatically "batched," and a copy emailed to all active usersas a Daily Digest? Maybe I should've put this one as #1.

2. Can users post photos with their messages? and will they stay attached to the individual emails?

3. Can an "archive" of photos be created so that users can log in and look at photos? This would be separate from photos attached to messages.

You can probably tell, I'm trying to come as close as I can to the current Yahoo operation.

I am going to try to look at the online manual now, but we're trying to determine the direction to go this evening. Probably in impossible task!

In any event, thanks all, for any replies!!

Norm
  • Dimava
    • Jul 2001

#1 I guess you can make a hack that would auto-subscribe all users to all posts
    #1 I dont understand your question
    #2 yes they can post images, attached to emails? no but I guess its a possible hack
    #3 you would need another script besides vbulletin to archive the images in a photoalbum-like page
    NXSupport Admin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...