Is it possible to imort from a Discus forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisvonc
    • Feb 2003
    • 5.1.x

Is it possible to imort from a Discus forum?

Since this is the only forum I seem to be able to create a thread in, I'll ask here:

I currently use Discus on one of my sites. Due to a server move I have had enough of the hassle of trying to get the Discus software working on the new server and if I have to go through a whole fresh install once again only to lose all the posts and users info, I might as well go with the better product vBulletin. However I know from searches here that some have said they have managed to export their Discus into vB. Is there still no official process?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Chris von C
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Unfortunately there's official Discuss import script at this time. If and when once is developed, it will be for the next version of vB - 3.0.

You might want to check the hacking site vbulletin.org to see if an unofficial import script is available.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• chrisvonc
      • Feb 2003
      • 5.1.x

Thanks Steve,

I was searching pretty good and didnt find anything offical between the 2 boards but I thought I would ask anyway in case I had missed it.

Thanks again,

Chris
      Chris von C

Comment

• Bryanb
        • Sep 2003
        • 4.2.X

I'm looking at doing the same. I have been running Discus for over five years, but due to a server change, it's just not cutting it. It's running on Mysql and I need to import all of the user profiles (1600 users), messages, etc.

I need to import my Discus data somehow, and I haven't a clue on how to do this. I'm hoping that there are some other members here that have successfully done this.

If someone could steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
        ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

At this time all you can do is try asking over at vbulletin.org to see if someone is willing to write a custom script for you.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...