Vbulletin offering 30 money day garantue?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pk
    • Jan 2001

Vbulletin offering 30 money day garantue?

Well, i cant see anything about it on the pricing info on the webpage..

anyone know something about it?
  • CeleronXT
    • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Pk

Never heard of it.. wouldn't think it would exist, considering after you have the board, there's no returning it....
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• IDN
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.5.x

Hah, no they do not offer this
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Pk

We do not offer any guarantee.

Comment

• Beramode
          • Apr 2002

Why would you want to get a refund? if it does not work on your server? You should have checked your server configuration before buying.

Comment

• vBR
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Beramode
            Why would you want to get a refund? if it does not work on your server? You should have checked your server configuration before buying.
            The front end is freely available to try out on forums worldwide not to mention right here.
            The back end (admin CP) is available as a demo here.
            vB Lite is free to try out on your system for compatibility checks.
            There are more reviews that I can count, again, right here.
            Put together this represents all the information required to make an informed decision as to whether this is the right solution for you.
            So there really is just no excuse for not being satisfied with the product once purchased.

Comment

• Pk
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Beramode
              Thats a easy question to answer.
              Its works perfect on my server, not hard at all to install.
              Sure, I had a few problems, but that is because my knowledge is about 0 when it comes to linux/mysql/php.

Anyway, im building up a webpage..........The forum part is just 40 procent of my webpage, the rest is updating the frontpage with news, articles etc.

However, as i said i know **** about php.
              And, what i must do then, is to find free scripts.
              But programs such as phpnuke does not support vbulletin, all of them goes for invinsion board.

If i had known this before I bought vbulletin, I simple wouldnt.
              The invision board looks better, graphical that is.
              It might be slower and does not have as many hacks.
              But, i think they will pass with hacks then vbulletin, just because its free. If you look how many hacks it has got since the release and do the same on vbulletin, youll see that invision board has many times more hack on teh same time.

And, most sites, such as mine, wont get 20k members, there arent that many people here in Sweden, compare to the US.
              So, the question is simpel to answer, why i want a refund...
              Because other boards, are supported with a community script.

There you GO

Comment

• Pk
                • Jan 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
                We do not offer any guarantee.
                To bad.

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Actually, if you visit vBulletin.org you will see hacks that let you run phpNuke with vBulletin.

Also, as a replacement for phpNuke, you can try vbHome (Lite), which runs faster, is easier to set up, and IMO, better.

As to how Invision Board looks, all I can say is try to use their template system. After one use, you'll immediately see how much easier vBulletin is to use in terms of drastically modifying your forum's look.

You see quite a few Invision Boards out there, and most of them have only changed the colors, yet the majority of vBulletins have the completely look changed. Why? It's not a lack of Photoshop skill, it's the difference in the accessibility of the template systems.

And there's my rant on vBulletin's templates.
                  Last edited by DirectPixel; Wed 1 Jan '03, 2:42pm.
                  :)

Comment

• Pk
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    Actually, if you visit vBulletin.org you will see hacks that let you run phpNuke with vBulletin.

Also, as a replacement for phpNuke, you can try vbHome (Lite), which runs faster, is easier to set up, and IMO, better.

As to how Invision Board looks, all I can say is try to use their template system. After one use, you'll immediately see how much easier vBulletin is to use in terms of drastically modifying your forum's look.

You see quite a few Invision Boards out there, and most of them have only changed the colors, yet the majority of vBulletins have the completely look changed. Why? It's not a lack of Photoshop skill, it's the difference in the accessibility of the template systems.
                    So I did, and if you continue to read about the phpnuke hack, you will notice its for vbulletin 2.2 or something, i want to use the latest version for vbulletin....

vbHome (lite), just sucks. Well its a great hack, but nothing for me.
                    I dont want a vbulletin board to replace the newsscript.
                    Just because the layout is so plane ugly, i mean, i dont want to post on my forum to update my frontpage. It looks so wrong.

And new users who arent to good with the internet, would be even more confused with that system. Cause of the tables and icons and stuff....No thank you

Comment

• Pk
                      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by DirectPixel

And there's my rant on vBulletin's templates.
                      Ohhh, and phpBB.....thumbs up!

Comment

• Dr Shark
                        • Jun 2002

Trust me, you do not have to know php/mysql to run a vbulletin, when i first started my board i didn't even know what a board was, sept for proboard's, once you start playing around with vbulletin, you learn as you go.

invision board might look good, but it's very hard to learn with it, and edit the template's, same with phpbb, it may seem good, but you still have to edit file's for the template's, vbulletin is one of the very few board's that you can edit you're template in you're admin cp.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Pk
                          So I did, and if you continue to read about the phpnuke hack, you will notice its for vbulletin 2.2 or something, i want to use the latest version for vbulletin....

vbHome (lite), just sucks. Well its a great hack, but nothing for me.
                          I dont want a vbulletin board to replace the newsscript.
                          Just because the layout is so plane ugly, i mean, i dont want to post on my forum to update my frontpage. It looks so wrong.

And new users who arent to good with the internet, would be even more confused with that system. Cause of the tables and icons and stuff....No thank you
                          The hack will work nonetheless.

vBHome works on 2.2.x, and therefore will work on the latest version.

The phpNuke hack works on 2.2.4, and is therefore very likely to work on 2.2.9/10.
                          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Pk
                            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by DS2K2
                            Trust me, you do not have to know php/mysql to run a vbulletin, when i first started my board i didn't even know what a board was, sept for proboard's, once you start playing around with vbulletin, you learn as you go.

invision board might look good, but it's very hard to learn with it, and edit the template's, same with phpbb, it may seem good, but you still have to edit file's for the template's, vbulletin is one of the very few board's that you can edit you're template in you're admin cp.

Im not saying invision board is better, im saying that invision board works with scripts such as phpnuke.

That makes it much more intressting for people like me, who has no knowledge how to make a good portal for a website.

But with theese portals suchas phpnuke, we can just install it directly and have everything up running.

However, vbulletin is NOT supported!
                            Which makes it a loss for the market...

Comment

• Pk
                              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                              The hack will work nonetheless.

vBHome works on 2.2.x, and therefore will work on the latest version.

The phpNuke hack works on 2.2.4, and is therefore very likely to work on 2.2.9/10.
                              If so, why are others asking for a update on the hack?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...