Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChanServ
    • Jul 2002

just curious

Suppose i want to create a test forum, with no members(they wont even be allowed to sign up), to test out hacks would i have to buy a new licnense? or can you do that with just one?
  • BillaBongUSA
    • Mar 2002

It's okay to have a test forum as long as you keep it in a password-protected directory, and you're the only one that can access it.
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

You could see this with two situations:

a) If you currently do not own a vBulletin license, then you have to purchase one, prior to running a test board.

b) If you already own a vBulletin license, you can install one test version (temporary) on your localhost or server, as long as it is not public viewable.

Comment

• filburt1
        • Feb 2002

From the license agreement:
        In you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

So .. I just said it in my own words, sorry!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...