Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankuser
    • Apr 2002

forum vs. subforum

I'm in the planning stage for my use of the vBulletin software. I intend to have several different categories of participants, with different people participating in different categories.

My question: What is the difference between a forum and a subforum? Not from a technical standpoint, but rather, from a useage and access standpoint. For example, if each of my categories is set up in a separate subforum under one main forum, does that mean that all participants will have access to all subforums? Or, since I wish to have access to each category completely separate, does that mean each category must be in a separate forum? Or does it make any difference? If not, what other factors should be considered in the choice between separate forums or separage subforums in my situation.

Some background: I intend to modify a script in which people register on my web site, to automatically register them in the approriate forum or subforum, using the same userid and password they select for the web site. Thus, each participant will be already registered in the appropriate discussion group when they come to my vBulletin URL for the first time.

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...