Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • telinit6
    • May 2002

loadbalnced solution

We are considering purchasing a license for vBulletin. However, we need a question answered regarding loadbalancing. Our setup is the following:

We are load balancing our websites using a ServerIron from Foundry Networks across 3 physical machines. The mySQL database lives on one of the 3 machines and is considered the master. All machines are running Linux.

My question is:
    -- Can vBulletin be configured on each machine to point to ONE mySQL database. I.E, there are no concurrency issues when there is no guarantee which physical machine you are connected to.

-- Are there any known problems with loadbalancing (using hardware, not DNS) with vBulletin?

Thanks for helping,
    --Eric
  • rylin
    • Jan 2001

A while ago we were running a loadbalanced hookup of vBulletin.
    the way we had it set up was loadbalancing through lvs.
    we had one DB and two webs which were slaves to the master, just in case the master would fail.
    load balancing wasn't a problem at all, as you configure the database details in config.php

recently however, we moved away from a loadbalanced solution when we switched linux distro to a sourcebased one.

we're a medium-traffic board (imo), and we rarely see a load over 0.8 with web & db on the same machine
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...