Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MudBlud
    • Apr 2002

ezBoards upgrade?

hi, i run a ezBoards forum, it has many users and i dont want them to all sign up again, is there any way for me to upgrade without them having to re-register?

Thanks

Mike
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

unfortunately the ezboard import would require all of them to sign up again, since the import only imports threads/posts

however, you can get them to signup again and reassign/link their new ids to their usernames i think... i'd send an email to [email protected] for confirmation

but yes no matter what you'd have to get them to sign up again
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Ian
      • Mar 2002

eva2000, would you mind explaining how to re-associat posts to a user? The user accidently got delted and had over 200 posts and it'd be nice if there was SQL Query to re-associat all those posts... Let me know if you know how.

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ian
        eva2000, would you mind explaining how to re-associat posts to a user? The user accidently got delted and had over 200 posts and it'd be nice if there was SQL Query to re-associat all those posts... Let me know if you know how.
        i believe a few posts on this forum or at vbulletin.org have dealt with this...

to ask at http://vbulletin.org/

in order to use and post in certain forums at vBulletin.org you need to

1. register using the same username and email address you used at vBulletin.com's forums
        2. activate and confirm your registration email
        3. then enter your forum username at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php to show that you're a licensed vB owner

sorry i don't remember off the top of my head (i dont' handle imports )
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...