Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beramode
    • Apr 2002

Anyone using hotlinks and running a vB?

Ok, i'm considering a vB for my site hosted on my ISP's webspace, hotlinks. Is anyone using them, if so is anyone actually running it on their servers? Its ISP space, its quite good but if it can't handle vBulletin I'll have to move my site. Also, I can't see where to delete files in the CP. If anyone is using Hotlink's ISP webspace service, how do you delete files? I want to make sure that you can, so I can delete the installation files after installation.

Thanks.
  • SaintDog
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Most ISP's give out a small amount of space to those that purchase a connection from them. I would almost say that the servers they give the space out on could not handle vBulletin too well seeing that there are probably many users on a single server.

SaintDog

Comment

• Beramode
      • Apr 2002

Agreed, I'm buying a paid host now. www.alivewww.com, are they any good?

Thanks

Comment

• SaintDog
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.5.x

I have not heard of them at the moment, I do recommend the following hosts though, which have proven to be great hosts as well as have great support when you need it most.

CyrixWeb.net
        Paradise-Designs.com

If you have not already choosen a host, I would check the above 2 hosts out, if you have already, I hope that you are happy with you host and that it meets your needs.

- SaintDog

Comment

• Beramode
          • Apr 2002

Well I need a LOT of bandwidth, and I mean a LOT! Its got to handle pressure, and hopefuly I won't have to go through several installs (I had to with UBB)

Comment

• SaintDog
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.5.x

Describe a lot, if you are a new website, you will not need much at all unless you already have an established user base that you will be porting from UBB to vBulletin and already know what you bandwidth use is at the moment.

When finding a host, many people use the term a lot, only to find that they do not need as much bandwidth as they originally though.

(Note: vBulletin does not use nearly as much bandwidth as UBB does, that is why I was asking you to describe "a lot")

- SaintDog

Comment

• Beramode
              • Apr 2002

Yea, it was kinda slow as well. Thanks for your help. Oh yea also, I found on some rubbish hosts you can't even delete fiels, so you can't delete install.php... Bad Do those hosts have good control panels?

Comment

• SaintDog
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.5.x

Both hosts are using CPanel, which is a very good control panel as well as very easy to use. Should you have any trouble, you may contact them and they will surely help you.

- SaintDog

Comment

• Beramode
                  • Apr 2002

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Comment

• SaintDog
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.5.x

No problem, glad I could help you out.

- SaintDog

Comment

• Ian
                      • Mar 2002

ZeonHost is very good... I personally use them.
                      I've also heard some good things about Ventures Online... You really can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...