Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisbo
    • Apr 2002

question about upgragind from a hacked board

Hi, I have been using a hacked version of vb 2.2.2 for about a week because I wanted to see and use all the feautres in the full version that were disabled in vb lite. Now I want to buy the license for it, but I want to keep the current database that I have going with this board. will it be a problem to upgrade once I have purchased it? Thanks.

PS - Sorry for resorting to illegal activity in order to use the board to its full potential. you should have some sort of virtual control panel somewhere that lets people do that.
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

We have an Admin CP demo that allows you to test almost every possible facet of the program.

Comment

• chrisbo
      • Apr 2002

really? I never found it. anyway, will I have problems when upgrading?

Comment

• Cary
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.6.x

You shouldn't have any problems... considering you follow the upgrade instructions properly

Right now, it seems somebody was testing something out so it's not working, but it will reset at midnight

Comment

• chrisbo
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Cary
          You shouldn't have any problems... considering you follow the upgrade instructions properly

Right now, it seems somebody was testing something out so it's not working, but it will reset at midnight
          http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/
          hey thanks for actually answering my question. I will be purchasing it shortly!

Comment

• Gary King
            • Feb 2002

so i guess chrisbo gets away with using an illegal version of vBB ??? i dont get this ....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Actually even when we find someone using a hacked board we encourage them to purchase the product. This doesn't mean we condone their previous activities but we would like to make them legitimate license holders. This method benefits everyone in the long run.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Gary King
                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by wluke
                Actually even when we find someone using a hacked board we encourage them to purchase the product. This doesn't mean we condone their previous activities but we would like to make them legitimate license holders. This method benefits everyone in the long run.
                ahh yes, i thought this was how it was done

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...