Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • statix0
    • Apr 2002

hi

i'm half considering purchasing a license, and i was curious that if i decide to change the website i use with vbulletin that i can have the license updated in some way or is it possible to change it so it would be legal still under a new website?

like if i purchase an unlimited license but after a year the domain expires (and even after the vB members section part expires) and i decide not to renew the domain, can i use vbulletin somewhere else?

Last edited by statix0; Mon 15 Apr '02, 8:44pm.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I think I understand your question

You can purchase the license if you want. And if the domain name changes, you can goto the members area on vbulletin.com and change the URL to the new domain. This does not require renewal of a license or anything. As long as it is only one instance of vBulletin running on one web server, under one domain.

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

The devs also say that you can install it somewhere else, like on a personal server for testing, but only as long as the public doesn't have access to it. You'll probably want to e-mail them ahead of time, too.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Divine Coding
        • Nov 2001

Comment

• statix0
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by xiphoid
          I think I understand your question

...you can goto the members area on vbulletin.com and change the URL to the new domain.
          i meant sorta was can it still be done after the year of access to the members area expires? because when that goes all support does, but i believe there would be some way to do it

Comment

• okrogius
            • Dec 2001

By "member area expires" it means that what stops working is the download link in the member area. The rest will sitll be there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...