Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13x-1
    • Apr 2002

Refunds available?

I was very happy to purchase vB last Friday. My card was charged and Digibuy told me to wait for an email with instructions on downloading vB. I'm still waiting for the email.

I was able to contact a nice person from the vB support team (James Usher-Smith) who is attempting to intercede with the vB Licensing team on my behalf. But I'm growing impatient.

Since I can’t find a telephone number to call I think one way to obtain vB is to try to purchase it again. While I think it’s a great product and probably worth twice the price I’d rather not pay that much. Has anyone had luck getting refunds out of Digibuy and/or vB?

I hope vB can sort this out quickly. I would prefer not to give any money to infopoop.

Jim Williams
    13x
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Getting a refund and purchasing it again will take longer than getting your license info, trust me.

Comment

• WizyWyg
      • Jul 2001

Also a number of factors:

You could have entered the wrong email address when you went through the purchasing.
      Since its the weekend, Digibuy could have been back logged. Or their email blocked by you or your ISP's filtering list etc
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• 13x-1
        • Apr 2002

Got it!

I'm finally registered. I hope they sort out their mail server issues.

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Re: Got it!

Originally posted by 13x-1
          I'm finally registered. I hope they sort out their mail server issues.

Thanks!

Jim
          Actually, since we send out an occasional eBulletin newsletter to announce new versions, several hosts have reported vBulletin's server as the originator of spam and placed our server on their filters. These filters have since spread to other lists and hosts.

Once on it is very difficult to be removed even if you are legitimately sending mass emails. The filters are inadequate and many hosts and ISP's don't give their users the choice of not using the filters. You should check with your ISP/Host and make sure that vBulletin is not in their Spam filters.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...