X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FALGirl
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Avatars based on Paid Memberships

I am considering moving my UBB board to vBulletin as we have apparently outgrown UBB's capabilities and I am seriously tired of losing good threads simply because UBB can not handle a large number of posts in any one forum.

My question is this: We have a membership based system that allows users to have avatars and as custom status (contributor, etc) ONLY if they are a paid member.

The UBB hack for this was Jimbo's Custom Rank / Status Hack that allowed me to update the status of each individual user thru the CP on a single form that you enter their user number and their 'status' (which included a URL link / HTML to their avatar icon).

Is there anything like this available for vBulletin?

Having this one feature available (as a built in or as a hack) is what is going to make or break my decision to migrate to vBulletin.

Any information, links or help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

Yes you can edit each individual user and give them an avatar and a custom title if you wish, with no hacking.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...