Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devalin
    • Nov 2001

Version 3.0 upgrade free ?

Sorry if this has already been answered, couldnt find it in a search.

My first year lease runs out soon and i'm considering buying it properly now, and then just paying the yearly maintenance each year after the first.

I was wondering if v3.0 will be included as a natural progression though, or if they will be any extra upgrade costs, or if a split might occur, as ubb did.

?
  • IDN
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.5.x

yeah, its free
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• klisis
      • May 2000

vb 3 series is just another upgrade. Thus no fee to upgrade as long as you have the period left.

P.S Jelsoft is not Infopop. Go figures.

Comment

• Devalin
        • Nov 2001

Yeap, its nice to see Jelsoft are developing it as one product, rather than spawning new ways to make money

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Devalin
          Yeap, its nice to see Jelsoft are developing it as one product, rather than spawning new ways to make money
          I agree with you

If you purchase vB 2.x now, you get one free year of upgrades/updates (beside the lifetime support which is free too). This includes you can download for free version 3.x within those 12 months from the day you purchase vBulletin. If this period is over, and you wish to download more updates/upgrades, you can renew that option for $30 (owned license) or $85 (lease license).

I heard they are developing a CMS (content management system) for vBulletin version 3.x wich is an optional purchase (plugin/module). This is not free! (since it can be considered a seperate product) .. so in a way, they will make money out of version 3 anyway

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...