Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Kaizen
    P.s. Jelsoft/vbulletin has also said in the past, "never give out your license information to anyone other than jelsoft/vbulletin employees". Extra point: "NukePirates" is not listed as a trusted party or an employee of jelsoft/vbulletin.
    I do believe NukePirates don't have any direct access to license information (be it personal info about the person or passwords), they can only search our URLs database and see which site is licensed and which is not. I could be wrong though...
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by FireFly

I do believe NukePirates don't have any direct access to license information (be it personal info about the person or passwords), they can only search our URLs database and see which site is licensed and which is not. I could be wrong though...
      I truely hope you are right, for I feel that I allow personal info to be stored for Jelsoft and not for any third party company.

Comment

• Kaizen
        • Aug 2001

Originally posted by FireFly

Said earlier in this thread;

Originally posted by wluke
        Why don't you simply send them a copy of your valid license information. That is all that is required to solve the issue. You can also update your URL in the Member's Area to reflect the correct location of the forum installation.
        Email: [email protected]
        Site: Under Construction

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
          • Jun 2000
          • 4.0.x

No, NukePirates does NOT have access to the license database, which is why we sometimes have problems if you are running a board on a URL that isn't listed in the member's area with your license. They can only search for a URL and see if it is licensed or not.

Comment

• Kaizen
            • Aug 2001

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
            No, NukePirates does NOT have access to the license database, which is why we sometimes have problems if you are running a board on a URL that isn't listed in the member's area with your license. They can only search for a URL and see if it is licensed or not.
            Thats what I thought and said before.

However Wayne suggested we send our licence information to them. His Post

Edit: Added link to Wayne's Post.
            Last edited by Kaizen; Sun 7 Apr '02, 9:49am.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
              • Jun 2000
              • 4.0.x

However Wayne suggested we send our licence information to them.
              No, the email states to send the information to my email address, [email protected] and not to them.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

I thank you for clearing that up!

Comment

• Kaizen
                  • Aug 2001

No, the email states to send the information to my email address, [email protected] and not to them.
                  I did not know this.

I was under the impression that we had to send our licence information to NukePirates (them) because of Wayne's post.

Despite this I still believe that this incident would not have occured if it was explained who NukePirates were and there duty.

Comment

• nuno
                    • Apr 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Guichi, i urge you to reconsider your decision, i guess the Team is becoming very busy with all these vB3 requests and chit chat that leads nowhere.
                    You're my Prince of Peace
                    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

I did not know this.

I was under the impression that we had to send our licence information to NukePirates (them) because of Wayne's post.

Despite this I still believe that this incident would not have occured if it was explained who NukePirates were and there duty.
                      It is clearly stated in the letter that is sent out as an exploratory letter that Nukepirates was hired by us and is acting on our behalf. They don't get access to your information and I am sorry I implied that. If you were to get a letter it clearly states what you are supposed to do if you are a valid license holder.

We certainly don't want to lose customers over this but want to protect vBulletin in order to keep the prices low. This is why the methods in place now were developed.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TimHL
                        • Apr 2002

It is ok,
                        Back on topic. I have found a programmer that has wrote up a converter for us and is ready as soon as we purchase our license which should be soon today or tomorrow Hopefully. He tested it on his vbulletin and it works just great. It converts all users/post/forums/user levels etc. It doesn't yet convert the design of openbb as of yet however, that will be in version 2. We will have everything that can be converter from openbb to vbulletin. If anyone is interstered in this script please contact me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...