Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimHL
    • Apr 2002

OpenBB converter to vBulletin???

Does anyone by any chance have a vbulletin converter that will convert openbb to vb? If not I can just take the one our programmer is working on also, will ya accept paypal if the funds already are in the account or no??
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

Yes, we do accept PayPal, although it will take a bit longer to process your payment since it's done manually. Email [email protected] and we will send you full information.
    Last edited by Chen; Thu 4 Apr '02, 11:02pm.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• TimHL
      • Apr 2002

Actually it is instant if the money is in the paypal account already . Is there any extra charge.

Comment

• Chen
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by TimHL
        Actually it is instant if the money is in the paypal account already . Is there any extra charge.
        No extra charge, and I meant it takes time for us to process the payment and create a license for you.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• TimHL
          • Apr 2002

what about a openbb to vbulletin?

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

We're currently offering a set of scripts that will allow you to import posts, threads and users from the following programs: Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 5, Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.0 and 6.1, Infopop UBBThreads 5.4 (formely wwwthreads), vBulletin Lite, Infopop OpenTopic, Ikonboard 2, ezboard (posts only, not members for ezboard).
            Once you buy a license you can get these too:
            phpBB Importer Ready!
            vBulletin version: 2.2.3 | Hack version: 1.0 | Support thread Nebula 06-23-01
            10:16 AM 04-02-02
            01:07 PM 50 users
            WebBBS to vBulletin 2.2.x Conversion Script
            vBulletin version: 2.2.2 | Hack version: 1.0 | Support thread LoveShack 03-03-02
            11:11 PM 03-03-02
            11:11 PM 4 users
            UltraBoard 2.2.x importer released!
            vBulletin version: 2.2.2 | Hack version: 1.0 | Support thread GameCrash 08-08-01
            11:09 AM 01-28-02
            11:56 AM 22 users
            *phew - wipes sweat from brow* here is my Ikonboard -> VBulletin Post Convertor
            vBulletin version: 2.2.3 | Hack version: 1.0 | Support thread LoB 09-01-01
            08:54 AM 01-27-02
            08:03 AM 17 users
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

There is currently no OpenBB converter available.

Comment

• TimHL
                • Apr 2002

Can someone possibly write one?

Comment

• tubedogg
                  • Feb 2001

We are currently not undertaking any more import scripts here, but you may be able to find someone to write one at vbulletin.org.

Comment

• Guichi
                    • Jul 2001

Re: OpenBB converter to vBulletin???

Originally posted by TimHL
                    Does anyone by any chance have a vbulletin converter that will convert openbb to vb? If not I can just take the one our programmer is working on also, will ya accept paypal if the funds already are in the account or no??
                    i suggest staying with OpenBB, one more than one independant test it has been shown to be fastest BB out there and beat vbb by a landslide under two different server conidtions. I have also been quite angry at the customer support for Vbulletin as of late, in other words there is none. Also the lack of professionalism is beyond bad considering you pay so much for it. OpenBB rc3 was just released, i hightly suggest upgrading to that if you havnt already done so.

Comment

• Smes20
                      • Feb 2002

I have created a VB > OpenBB, I never used it since I ended up renewing my license. HOwever, it works. All you need to do is just send it "backwards" this shouldnt be too hard...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Re: Re: OpenBB converter to vBulletin???

Originally posted by Guichi

I have also been quite angry at the customer support for Vbulletin as of late, in other words there is none. Also the lack of professionalism is beyond bad considering you pay so much for it.

I thought your one customer support request was handled very well and you appeared to be appreciative of the response in the thread.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Guichi
                          • Jul 2001

i never posted it on this board. i recently recived an email from Jelsofts third party enforcement group that my Vbulletin at http://ubb.pgamers.com was not lisenced. on my lisence information i placed http://pgamers.net. i use the subdomain only to replace my aging UBB software both links point to the same one vbulletin board. the group sent me a 10 day notice so i immediately emailed [email protected] just as it says in the notice with my lisence information on hand. it has been 6 days, i have emailed chris twice along with two other staff members but to no avail. now i must move the forums simply because some people are just too lazy to read a simple email and notice that http://pgamers.net is the same as http://ubb.pgamers.com. i have also just recieved another notice from nukepirates.com this morning with more threats of removing my vbulletin.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Guichi
                            i never posted it on this board. i recently recived an email from Jelsofts third party enforcement group that my Vbulletin at http://ubb.pgamers.com was not lisenced. on my lisence information i placed http://pgamers.net. i use the subdomain only to replace my aging UBB software both links point to the same one vbulletin board. the group sent me a 10 day notice so i immediately emailed [email protected] just as it says in the notice with my lisence information on hand. it has been 6 days, i have emailed chris twice along with two other staff members but to no avail. now i must move the forums simply because some people are just too lazy to read a simple email and notice that http://pgamers.net is the same as http://ubb.pgamers.com. i have also just recieved another notice from nukepirates.com this morning with more threats of removing my vbulletin.
                            Were those Emails from nukepirates.com and not from Jelsoft? And how does nukepirates.com know you are running a legal or illegal version of the forum software? Are they working for Jelsoft?

If you have ONE forum running on site.com/dir and just zillions of redirects to THAT dir .. you are still just running one forum. Therefor you are not running anything illegal (unless you did not pay for that one license).

I myself would only accept Jelosft.com E-mails about illegal versions, so I know I am replying to the 'right' people. And not just some site where I can not get any confirmation from that they are working together with Jelsoft to fight piracy.

I also have *.creations.nl point to the one dir where I have vBulletin installed, and in the members area, jelsoft can find that directory. It is one instance, one license, one forum. Just different URL's. (subs) I can not imagine that would be illegal.

Comment

• Guichi
                              • Jul 2001

Originally posted by xiphoid

Were those Emails from nukepirates.com and not from Jelsoft? And how does nukepirates.com know you are running a legal or illegal version of the forum software? Are they working for Jelsoft?

If you have ONE forum running on site.com/dir and just zillions of redirects to THAT dir .. you are still just running one forum. Therefor you are not running anything illegal (unless you did not pay for that one license).

I myself would only accept Jelosft.com E-mails about illegal versions, so I know I am replying to the 'right' people. And not just some site where I can not get any confirmation from that they are working together with Jelsoft to fight piracy.

I also have *.creations.nl point to the one dir where I have vBulletin installed, and in the members area, jelsoft can find that directory. It is one instance, one license, one forum. Just different URL's. (subs) I can not imagine that would be illegal.
                              yes the emails were from nukepirates.com i have no idea how they would know if i have a lisence or not unless they were working with Jelsoft. once i recieved the first email i suspected that this is nothing. i would give my information and that would be the end of the story. now they give me a time frame to have all of this sorted out, days are going by and no emails from Jelsoft. considering users pay almost $100 for one year of lisencing, the least they can do is answer your emails! Customer support is just a word here and nothing more.

At least with free software such as OpenBB you can do what you want with it and your not at the mercy of a company that you pay good money to only to have such insignificant problems with. OpenBB is also catching up quite fast considering they only have one person developing full time (Lindy/Ace). they have released rc3 just a few weeks ago and 1.0 final is coming shortly. All of the release candidates are also open source.
                              Last edited by Guichi; Sun 7 Apr '02, 6:09am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...