Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMZ99
    • May 2019

vBulletin Cloud migration, storage, ...

Hey, I have an existing self-hosted vBulletin V4.something site and I'm looking at moving to the vBulletin cloud version.

I gather from other posts that the migration is not something I can do. Just to understand the commercials, I need to tick the "Cloud Migration" option when ordering, correct? Ideally I'd like to migrate the content twice. Once for testing/setup and a second time to finally do the move. Does that work?

I notice a storage limitation of 100GB. Given that photos and videos will now be hosted, how does the management of this storage work and what happens if it's not sufficient?
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

The best thing to do would be to contact Sales. They can customize larger plans. Sales

Email: [email protected], or use our online form.
    Phone: 1-877-326-6444 (toll-free US/Canada only) 9 am to 4 pm Pacific (GMT-8), Monday to Friday

It would be inadvisable in most cases to host video on any server other than a dedicated one. Video simply takes far more resources than most servers are capable of delivering.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

vBulletin doesn’t come with the ability to host videos, only embed them from other sites such as YouTube.

Please also be aware that the Cloud platform runs only vBulletin 5, so a vBulletin 4 site would be upgraded to vBulletin 5 as part of the migration. No add ins or styles from vBulletin 4 will work on vBulletin 5.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...