Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoyFreak
    • Apr 2019

Conversion

Hi is it easy to convert a Xenforo 2.x to vBulletin? This is my link: Gaming Forum
    How easy is it and what are the steps? I also want to keep my theme, how would i be able to convert that or would that need to be custom made? Also add-ons too?
  • plongeur.com
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.2.x

It is pretty easy as vbulletin simply does not provide any converter... so you just can't do it .
    What you can do is try an duse the old converter to migrate to VB4 and then upgrade to VB5.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Officially there is no way to do what you want. If fact there is no supported means to import into VB5 at all aside from upgrading older vBulletin forums. That said there are 3rd party services that do import from Xenforo and other forums into vBulletin but we do not officially endorse than, I merely know other customers have used them successfully in the past- but they are "use at your own risk."

If interested check out these sites-

Note, the above cost money.

The free option would require you find some other software version to convert Xenforo to that our old Impex software might work with, than import into VB 4.x and finally upgrade to VB 5.x. Some details on how to do that is here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-to-download

Comment

• JoyFreak
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Joe D.
        Officially there is no way to do what you want. If fact there is no supported means to import into VB5 at all aside from upgrading older vBulletin forums. That said there are 3rd party services that do import from Xenforo and other forums into vBulletin but we do not officially endorse than, I merely know other customers have used them successfully in the past- but they are "use at your own risk."

If interested check out these sites-

Note, the above cost money.

The free option would require you find some other software version to convert Xenforo to that our old Impex software might work with, than import into VB 4.x and finally upgrade to VB 5.x. Some details on how to do that is here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-to-download
        Thank you so much for your response. I will take a look!

Comment