Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BikeRider2019
    • Feb 2019

Working with a demo version of vBulletin

Currently, I'm exploring a demo site on vBulletin's cloud access. Things are going pretty well, but I'm looking at making it so that the landing page does not display any information about the forum - just its name. In a thread in Support, I found the following instructions, which I followed, but I'm not having luck. Part of the issue is not finding the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" group.
    I know I'm answering out of order but this seems like the bigger deal. Correct- permissions are not set in Notices. Permissions are set in Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Edit the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" group... Go down that page and set whatever you don't want them to see/do to "No." Make sure "This is Not a banned usergroup" remains YES else you will ban everyone and they will not be able to log in.

I did try the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" group with the above instructions, but did not have any luck.

Any advice on this?

Thank you.

Rich Williams
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The newest versions of vBulletin simply call the usergroup "Guest Users". The term "Unregistered / Not Logged In" was confusing to many customers. It simply refers to Guest Users.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BikeRider2019
      • Feb 2019

Thank you.

Comment