Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BikeRider2019
    • Feb 2019

Exploring the cloud version of vBulletin

Since signing up for a demo version of vBulletin, I've been extensively exploring the settings/controls/site builder features and find there is a lot of power - in fact, so much power, learning vBulletin is daunting.

Is there a useful reference manual available? The only one I've found is by Kingsley-Hughes from 2006. The link, https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html, seems to accomplish little - all that I succeed in accomplishing going through links without any substance. I'd like to more easily found answers to some questions or read in more detail about vBulletin. For instance, some questions are minor, such as "What's the difference between Forums and Groups?" or the details on applying formatting and styles. Do you have any recommendations?

After reviewing this site with my team, we are planning into signing up for the cloud version. When we move to vBulletin in the cloud, where do I find the page that shows me bandwidth used so far in the month?

Is it possible to extend our demo another week?

Thank you.

Rich Williams
    [email protected]
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The manual (https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html) is currently bugged due to an upgrade in PHP version. It is being worked on.

Most functions in the AdminCP are documented inline by clicking on the ? icon to the right of the item. We try to make the controls on the front-end more intuitive but there is a User Manual under Help in the footer of every vBulletin Site.

Forums and Groups are both types of channels. The primary difference is that Forums are controlled by the site Administrator. Groups are more freeflowing and with the proper permissions any user can create a group. When a user creates a group, they are in charge moderating the content. They can also control who is allowed to participate in their groups.

Unfortunately, we cannot extend the time period of the Demo at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
      • Apr 2015
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by BikeRider2019

After reviewing this site with my team, we are planning into signing up for the cloud version. When we move to vBulletin in the cloud, where do I find the page that shows me bandwidth used so far in the month?

Thank you.

Rich Williams
      [email protected]
      This will be in the Cloud Console on www.vbulletin.com once you've made a vBulletin Cloud purchase.
      -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -- Ads available for the modules globally
      -- Global modules
      -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

The online manual is available again now.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• joolstacho
          • Nov 2019

"available again now"... But where?
          (Where are the online manuals. I've looked without luck, I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place. There are tutorials listed in 'ARTICLES' but each one I select gives a 'no content' message).
          I need tutorials please.
          Right I've found the manual now. Let's hope there are tutorials for ancient Dreamweaver tragics ! Thanks.
          Last edited by joolstacho; Wed 20 Nov '19, 5:48pm.

Comment