Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elvis_is_dead
    • Oct 2005

ADA compliant

We're looking to migrate to a new bulletin board platform. Because a number of our members are blind, we need a platform that is easy to use for the visually impaired.

Does vBulletin meet this requirement?
  • x.its.tongue.MOM
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

The following link has a man who is also blind & using this platform BUT with additional software to help him.

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/members-l...7601-hello-all

He has not yet told me how good it is with images however nor with the more complex of subjects ..... like poetry.

AND~ you *are* wrong by the way- I heard him just the other day..... singing UP a storm *with* the Whales.
    Last edited by x.its.tongue.MOM; Mon 25 Mar '19, 6:10pm.
    NOW~ I Come from a very specific point...... in *TOME*
    One that goes back to *before* Fishies.......Grew *Toes*

BUT~ NOT to point before Fishies, recognised *point* ~To Nose
    OR *MOM*~Shiver'd AT ALL> D'Stars wanting to *own* ~*HER HOME*

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Currently, vBulletin 5 does not properly handle the focus of elements correctly. This can cause problems with screen readers as the user tabs through a page. This issue is being rectified in vBulletin 5.5.2.

From there, all UI elements should have proper title and alternate attributes. User created content would depend on the the user to add this where appropriate like embedded images.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• x.its.tongue.MOM
        x.its.tongue.MOM commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Wayne,
        Not sure what you meant by all of that so will ask instead If~ there is anything I can do now to make it more readable OR will that be taken into account for those sighted ...like me & mY forum ?

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        The sighted already have queues for focus. For example, the cursor appears in the form field or the link will underline when the mouse hovers over it. The new focus support will add a visual border but will also be easier for screen readers to know the user's position in the screen starting from the logo and tabbing through every element on the page.
    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...