X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbarg
    • Mar 2019
    • 3.8.x

I have old mysql databases

If I buy a new license. Is there any way I can upgrade old databases I have from like 3.8 series to the latest version?

I wanted to know before I bought a license.
  • kbarg
    • Mar 2019
    • 3.8.x

I mean install the 3.8 version I am using with a downloadable tarball. So I can upgrade it. I noticed you said your licenses come with VB4 included, but it doesn't say 3.0 series, so I was curious.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You don't need to install 3.8.X to upgrade the database to a newer version. If you have a complete database backup SQL file, then you can simply restore that file into MySQL/MariaDB and then run the upgrade script for either vBulletin 4.2.5 or 5.5.1. The script will update the database as needed.

However, with a vBulletin 5 license, you can download one copy from the 3, 4, or 5 series.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kbarg
        • Mar 2019
        • 3.8.x

Right on. I purchased a license before I got a response anyways. Sorry.

I had a license purchased for a site that i ran a LONG time ago. The person who purchased the license disappeared a long time ago, and lucky I had backups. I found them on an old USB stick (the flash drive it was on was a 256mb, you can tell that was well over 10 years ago) wanted to view them . I know it seems silly to buy a license just to view old MySQL databases.

Comment

• kbarg
          • Mar 2019
          • 3.8.x

I keep getting this garbarge
          • vbulletin-style.xml:
          • vbulletin-mobile-style.xml:
          • vbulletin-settings.xml:
          • vbulletin-language.xml:
          • vbulletin-navigation.xml:
          • vbulletin-adminhelp.xml:

vBulletin 4.2.5 Upgrade System
          (Please be patient as some parts may take some time)
          Upgrading to 4.2.5

Action Required Unexpected Text:
          <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/init.php</b> on line <b>119</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/init.php</b> on line <b>119</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/init.php</b> on line <b>119</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1267</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1267</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1267</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1267</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1267</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/home/user/public_html/vbull/includes/class_core.php</b> on line <b>4224</b><br /> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <error>Customer Number Incorrect</error>

Comment

• kbarg
            • Mar 2019
            • 3.8.x

I did use my correct member id....

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

PHP needs to be either 5.6, 7.0 or 7.1.

No other php versions will work for 4.2.5.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• kbarg
                • Mar 2019
                • 3.8.x

Ok, it is fixed. I had 7.1 installed but my cpanel defaulted to 7.3

I am getting this error now:

I am trying to upgrade from 3.6.8 to 4.2.5:

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	235
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	4414612
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

You'll need to manually delete the duplicates. It looks like you allowed Guests to vote on polls which causes this problem.

Code:
                  SELECT `pollid`, `userid`  FROM vb_pollvote GROUP BY `pollid`, `userid` HAVING count(`pollid`) > 1 AND count(`userid`) > 1
                  That will return a list of poll IDs with duplicates. Delete duplicate rows until the query returns no results.

Or you can delete the contents of your vb_pollvote table and invalidate all previous results.

Code:
                  TRUNCATE TABLE vb_pollvote;

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kbarg
                    • Mar 2019
                    • 3.8.x

Wayne Luke Outstanding, the upgrade is going through. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• kbarg
                      • Mar 2019
                      • 3.8.x

It upgraded to 4.2.5

Before I upgrade it further I wanted to login and make sure everything worked properly.

I no longer have the old domain used back in 2008, and I am using a different domain. I cannot login. Everytime I do it tries to redirect me to the old website domain.

Comment

• kbarg
                        • Mar 2019
                        • 3.8.x

Nor can I login directly to the admincp it just keeps reloading.

Comment

• kbarg
                          • Mar 2019
                          • 3.8.x

I fixed that with the tools.php file. But NOw I have this error LOL sorry.

Call to undefined function split() on line 40 in /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code
                          #0 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(433): eval()
                          #1 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4391): vB_Bootstrap->process_templates()
                          #2 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4349): vB_Template->__construct('forumjump')
                          #3 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/functions.php(4475): vB_Template::create('forumjump')
                          #4 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/functions.php(3640): construct_quick_nav(Array, -1, true, true)
                          #5 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(856): standard_error('Your password i...')
                          #6 /home/vbull/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(82): vB_Bootstrap->check_state()
                          #7 /home/vbull/public_html/global.php(26): vB_Bootstrap->bootstrap()
                          #8 /home/vbull/public_html/forum.php(67): require_once('/home/vbull/pub...')
                          #9 /home/vbull/public_html/index.php(43): require('/home/vbull/pub...')
                          #10 {main}

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

Please disable hooks via the /includes/config.php file. These won't carry over to vBulletin 5 anyway.

Please disable all plugins on your board and tell us if the problem persists.

To do this, edit your vBulletin config.php file currently on the server by adding the following line after the <?php line:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then reupload the config.php file into your forum's includes folder.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...