I have old mysql databases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have old mysql databases

If I buy a new license. Is there any way I can upgrade old databases I have from like 3.8 series to the latest version?

I wanted to know before I bought a license.

I mean install the 3.8 version I am using with a downloadable tarball. So I can upgrade it. I noticed you said your licenses come with VB4 included, but it doesn't say 3.0 series, so I was curious.

Comment

You don't need to install 3.8.X to upgrade the database to a newer version. If you have a complete database backup SQL file, then you can simply restore that file into MySQL/MariaDB and then run the upgrade script for either vBulletin 4.2.5 or 5.5.1. The script will update the database as needed.

However, with a vBulletin 5 license, you can download one copy from the 3, 4, or 5 series.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Right on. I purchased a license before I got a response anyways. Sorry.

I had a license purchased for a site that i ran a LONG time ago. The person who purchased the license disappeared a long time ago, and lucky I had backups. I found them on an old USB stick (the flash drive it was on was a 256mb, you can tell that was well over 10 years ago) wanted to view them . I know it seems silly to buy a license just to view old MySQL databases.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X