Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ailios
    • Mar 2009

Possible Upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect

We've been using a version 4 forum for a while. It uses a theme obtained from vbulletin.org which was then customized to look like our main Wordpress website.

Our main site is Wordpress and forums vBulletin. We customized a theme from vbulletin.org to match the Wordpress theme.

We need a website refresh.

It looks like vBulletin 5 Connect might be something we could use to run the entire site. No longer needing Wordpress for the non-forum pages. It might simplify style issues.

Am I right? Are there examples of sites doing this that I could look at?

Will our customized style be lost during the upgrade?

Can limit access to some of the non-forum content pages to logged in members only?

We use Tapatalk to make our forum available in the Apple and Android app stores. Is that what vBulletin's Mobile Suite's about?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can use vBulletin 5 to create content channels that work as Forums, Articles, or Blogs. Unfortunately, we do not provide a way to migrate Wordpress into vBulletin.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• delicjous
      • Mar 2014
      • 6.X

Originally posted by ailios

Am I right? Are there examples of sites doing this that I could look at?
      Yes you are. This is an example of a page with two html-widgets based in a tab-widget: https://vbulletin-forum.de/datenschutz
      You could build it easily with the vB5 Sitebuilder.
      This is is a article-page you could use too: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/articles.

Will our customized style be lost during the upgrade?
      Yes! I would recommand to customize a standard style by css because style-parts could change during updates.

Can limit access to some of the non-forum content pages to logged in members only?
      Yes. Widgets could handle usergroup-permissions

We use Tapatalk to make our forum available in the Apple and Android app stores. Is that what vBulletin's Mobile Suite's about?
      You could build your own apps with mobile-suite and load that up to the apple and android stores.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...