• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Creek
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.6.x

Couple of pre-sales questions for vB cloud

Hey Guys,

I'm seriously thinking of buying vB cloud. However, I've got a couple of questions.

A) How easy is it to switch between the several plans? Especially downgrading?
    B) Do you receive full support by converting your current vB self hosted website to vB cloud?

Technical questions

1) Why does the admin login page doesn't use a HTTPS certificate. The forum (at least the demo) does but as soon as I click the admin link it falls back to plain.

2) What if I'm using O365 for e-mail. Will the vB server send out the e-mails? If so, since the vB server isn't authoritive will the e-mails sent by vB marked by spam?

3) Is GZIP compression available to reduce bandwidth? Since it's not visible in the demo.

4) Is there a current Dutch translation / lang pack available?

Thanks in advance!
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

A) It takes an email to the sales department.
    B) We will migrate your existing database. You get support according to the plan you purchase.

1) The demo is separate from the Actual Cloud system. AdminCP is under HTTPS on Cloud.
    2) We send emails via SMTP and Sendgrid. They shouldn't be marked as SPAM.
    3) Should be enabled by default on Cloud Servers.
    4) We do not have a Dutch Language Pack currently available. You should be able to import a third-party language pack if you have access to one.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Eagle Creek
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

Many thanks for your replies.

4 > What's the official opinion on language packs? I mean, if I have to scavenge the web to find a language pack and half of my forums are in English, doesn't really help.

5) Currently I'm at vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 4 . What needs to be done to get it ready for vBulletin cloud?
      6) Does vBulletin provide support for converting the CSS?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Hello,

Answers to the following-

4) More thank likely you will need to do the translation yourself. It is not difficult for someone bilingual, but it is time consuming due to the number of phrases used. This can be done from the Language Manager in the Admin CP.

5) You will simply need to get to us a copy of the database, attachments, avatars, and any smilie and post icons you wish to keep. These are usually given to us as .zip files we can access via FTP. The database backup is usually a sql.gz file.

6) No,I am sorry, we do not provide support for custom coding or styling.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Check out this topic for a Dutch translation -

Currently is the language in a release candidate version; (the help and the admincontrol panel is not verrified) But is is only availible under the Creative Commons License type CC-BY-SA-NC So the copyright in the footer must be visible at all times. Added version NL-RC0b : In the mails where there some URL errros.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Eagle Creek
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.6.x

Perfect! Sounds great .

Will I be able to create a SQL back-up once I start using cloud, just as an extra safety if something would happen to LLC?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

You can request a backup at any time within your Cloud Console after migrating. Backups are available for 72 hours and you'll be emailed FTP information to download them.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...