Types of Forum Allowed on Cloud

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I remember I had another customer who use vB primarily for images and videos and it was from his request that I created this video player mod for.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I have a customer who uses my video mod and they said it works for them. But I don't know if they use vB primarily as a video platform or not.

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    It's not practical to use any version of vBulletin primarily as a video platform. It's not designed for that purpose.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    For those who want to see how the Video Player mod works, watch the video screencast below:

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you can as long as the last bullet point can be done for a max file size video you will allow to be uploaded.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Sorry.. The upload size is 15 MB. The max post size is 20 MB. Limiting for MP4 using h.264. Less limiting for more modern video codecs and containers.
    Yeah having a 15MB video is limiting. So I guess it's not practical for vBCloud customers to have this video player mod that I created for self-hosted vB. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• x.its.tongue.MOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara

I have these notes in the mod. I'm not sure if vBCloud can do all of these.
    • Make sure your server has enough storage for uploaded videos.
    • Make sure your server has enough bandwidth for high data traffic due to large videos.
    • Make sure you can set Attachment Storage type to File System instead of Database.
    • Make sure your server is powerful enough to handle large video uploads.
    • Make sure that Max Post Size and PHP Maximum Upload Size values in PHP configuration are equal or greater than the Max File-size you set in the MP4 extension. Ask your host if you need help changing the PHP configuration.
    AND~ very interesting too Glenn,
    Had my eye on that for awhile now.

ARE you saying I can self produce a video on my computer AND directly then upload to the forum?

OH~ and I will approach my host with the info above SO THANKS again

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sorry.. The upload size is 15 MB. The max post size is 20 MB. Limiting for MP4 using h.264. Less limiting for more modern video codecs and containers.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    1. Uploads on Cloud are limited to 20 Megabytes system wide. I do not foresee this changing in the future.
    What are the Max Post Size and PHP Maximum Upload Size values on vBCloud?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. Uploads on Cloud are limited to 20 Megabytes system wide. I do not foresee this changing in the future.
    2. Bandwidth varies depending on the Cloud package purchased.
    3. All attachments are stored in the file system on Cloud. This is the recommended setting for all vBulletin sites.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph200
    Hey in above comment u mentioned that creating one for vBCloud is technically possible.Can u pls explain how.It will also be great if u provide guide or pdf or something like that.Regards
    I have these notes in the mod. I'm not sure if vBCloud can do all of these.
    • Make sure your server has enough storage for uploaded videos.
    • Make sure your server has enough bandwidth for high data traffic due to large videos.
    • Make sure you can set Attachment Storage type to File System instead of Database.
    • Make sure your server is powerful enough to handle large video uploads.
    • Make sure that Max Post Size and PHP Maximum Upload Size values in PHP configuration are equal or greater than the Max File-size you set in the MP4 extension. Ask your host if you need help changing the PHP configuration.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph200
    Hey in above comment u mentioned that creating one for vBCloud is technically possible.Can u pls explain how.It will also be great if u provide guide or pdf or something like that.Regards
    You can check out Glenn's site for more of his VB insights at https://vbmods.rocks - Not an official VB site.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph200
    replied

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I created a video player mod for self-hosted version. I didn't create one for vBCloud (although technically possible) due to the attachment size and bandwidth restrictions of vBCloud.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Hello,

The download version allows anything so long as it is legal where you live or host. Our cloud version has greater restrictions such as no adult themed sites. To read both the license agreement and cloud service agreement which species the limits please check here: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/license-agreement/

Please note that for both versions while it is easy to embed videos (such as from youtube) uploading video clips directly to the site is more difficult. The software allows file attachments but there is no media player included with the software. Therefore you would need to create a custom BBCode to play (for example) mp4 videos directly. There is a topic around here that documents how to do this but video files can be huge and the software is not designed for attachments the size of full length, HD videos. It would not be an ideal combination. Embedding off site is much preferable.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...