A question about Software License Agreement & Illegal Activity.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lchy885
    • Jan 2019

A question about Software License Agreement & Illegal Activity.

Hi, I want to start a forum about music.
    While I am NOT involved with any illegal activity,
    will my license get terminated if my forum members share illegal download links, torrents..etc?
    Is Branding Free helpful for these scenarios?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

If your purchase a download license we generally only revoke licenses if you are found to be sharing vBulletin files improperly. Otherwise it is up to you to stay within the laws of your country or region. Unless ordered to by a court, it is very unlikely we would take action against a license that is in good standing and not pirating the software,

Our vBCloud policies are more stringent.

You can read our license agreement and cloud service agreement here- https://www.vbulletin.com/en/license-agreement/

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

I don't know where you are located but you can be held legally liable in a number of countries for knowingly allowing illegal activity. In the United States you are required to make a "good faith effort" to remove any illegal activity from your site in order to be compliant with Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Having your vBulletin license pulled could be the least of your problems depending upon your location.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...