• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by w12345

So it may be. How to quote this multi?
    Click the quote button for each reply you want to quote, then click the orange Post Reply (X) button at the top of the screen.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
      • Jun 2004
      • 5.1.x

I'm more curious when a proper importer featuring AT LEAST Xenforo and IPB will be available that supports their latest versions and maybe the last of their old versions. Because if anyone is looking to move to VB from those 2, they are greatly inhibited by it and thus just look elsewhere.

They offer basic importers. Why doesn't VB do the same?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
        I'm more curious when a proper importer featuring AT LEAST Xenforo and IPB will be available that supports their latest versions and maybe the last of their old versions. Because if anyone is looking to move to VB from those 2, they are greatly inhibited by it and thus just look elsewhere.

They offer basic importers. Why doesn't VB do the same?
        We have no information to share about importers at this time.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
          • Jun 2004
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

We have no information to share about importers at this time.
          A lack of an importer is mind bending considering most other forum software offer something. At least supporting Xenforo and IPB and some of the free ones to help make it easier to move from one forum software to another. Even free ones offer an importer. So lack of one for VB is not very forward thinking.

Right now if someone wants to port from one of them they need to pay for someone to try and convert it which can cost hundreds of dollars in many cases, if not more. So it's a strong deterrent not offering one.

Want more people to adopt VB 5? An importer is a good start.

Right now for many people there is zero incentive to move to VBulletin from someone else. None. Full stop.

If I'm looking at moving to VB from IPB, Xenforo, or one of the free ones and I have a forum with thousands of threads, posts, and members, I have no easy way to do so. I would have to spend a lot of money to port to VB.

But since I can't readily port to VB, I'm forced to look at other forum software to meet my needs. Thus losing a customer.

I dunno. It's mind bending why an importer isn't included as an option when most others offer something.

Vbulletin needs to ask themselves why they don't offer one and what the lack of offering one could be doing to their bottom line. I'm confident they have lost many potential customers due to not offering one. It's like VBulletin wants to force people to look at the competition or something. Which I would think is something they wouldn't want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...